varaven45

My priorities:

1) Find a Center

2) Resign DSmith

3) Possession Receiver/KR

3) Vet FS

4) A decent backup TE

Mike Flacco Baby!!!!

The younger brother of Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco, Mike Flacco ran the 40-yard dash in 4.68 seconds and registered a 9-7 broad jump. He also bench pressed 225 pounds 17 times, had a 4.25 short shuttle and a 7.03 three-cone drill.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-mike-flacco-runs-468-at-new-haven-pro-day-workout-for-a-dozen-nfl-teams-20140312,0,4849587.story

So much for all the hype about the team JUMPING INTO THE FREE AGENCY ACTION. Since we passed on the top tier guys and we've only snagged one of our own in Monroe,

I am trusting Ozzie and Co are planning on an alternate strategy. Based on what's left in FA (aside from Revis, Peppers), that strategy will require no less than a monster draft - Center, Safety, WR, RB, LB, etc........ Hope all the planets align and Ozzie has his mojo going on May 8th !

So much for all the hype about the team JUMPING INTO THE FREE AGENCY ACTION. Since we passed on the top tier guys and we've only snagged one of our own in Monroe,

I am trusting Ozzie and Co are planning on an alternate strategy. Based on what's left in FA (aside from Revis, Peppers), that strategy will require no less than a monster draft - Center, Safety, WR, RB, LB, etc........ Hope all the planets align and Ozzie has his mojo going on May 8th !

We don't make splash signings and I'm glad we don't. We will get value and I like that . Golden Tate goes to Detroit. I thought there might be an outside chance for us

We signed Suggs, Pitta and Monroe so far......

Generally the Ravens sign their own and let the over priced guys go elsewhere.

Then once the market has quieted down Ozzie, goes hunting and signs a couple FA's. He gets a few pieces to set up his draft.

Then a few weeks before the season starts he brings in some depth.

Ravens In Contact With Alex Mack (3:13 p.m.)
Baltimore is one of four teams that have been in contact with center Alex Mack, according to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport. The Indianapolis Colts are another. Rapoport says there have been “varying levels” of interest and that teams are “waiting for the frenzy to die down.”

Fingers crossed for Mack...we need a C...

Yep. We need upgrades in many areas, not the least of which is Center. In fact , we need many upgrades.

Lets not forget we were 8-8 last season. Re-signing our own - Pitta, Monroe, Jones - while necessary and very important isn't enough.

In addition to a fortified OL, we also now to strengthen our DL (loss of A Jones), LB corps, secondary (esp safety), WR and RB.

Speaking of RB, I wonder if the FO is considering Blount from NE. He ran all over our arses last year and could be 1-2 yr stopgap while we transition away from Rice.

He is still available.

Whether its through the draft or FA, we have got many holes to fill from a 8-8 squad.

Not to sound like a homer BUT... this team was 8-8 but its a misleading record. How many losses were winable? BUF, GB, CHI just pop to mind. Lets face two of our top weapons (Pitta/Rice) were down. An anchored line lead by a true center and this offense as it stands will be better. We can compete in this division.

We were 8-8. There's a lot of reasons for that. A huge one is OL and another is no Boldin or Pitta. Well we can't get Boldin. Maybe Smith is a partial solution. If KO is back the Oline improves. We have to see about the C position. I think there's a chance nothing changes there. Sucks I know. Right now, barring injury, we will be a little better but the Oline is still a work in progress.

Oher just needs to clean up the penalties. He gets beat some. But that's partially why he's a RT and not. I'm cool with resigning him for the right number. C is where we could use solidification