ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens interested in Ryan Clark

cravnravn

Monday, March 17

Ravens Interested In FS Clark (3:11 p.m.)

Baltimore is interested in former Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark, according to The Baltimore Sun's Aaron Wilson. Clark is a 34-year-old free safety who has been a starter for the past 10 years. He's coming off a season in which he made a career-high 104 tackles and added two interceptions. He played eight seasons in gold and black. Wilson reports that the Jets and Redskins are also involved with Clark.

Oh the irony!!!

Monday, March 17

Ravens Interested In FS Clark (3:11 p.m.)

Baltimore is interested in former Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark, according to The Baltimore Sun's Aaron Wilson. Clark is a 34-year-old free safety who has been a starter for the past 10 years. He's coming off a season in which he made a career-high 104 tackles and added two interceptions. He played eight seasons in gold and black. Wilson reports that the Jets and Redskins are also involved with Clark.

Oh the irony!!!

Bahahahahahahaha I hope this happens to go with your 35 year old WR. It will be fun watching Brown and Wheaton go flying by him. The Steelers didn't even offer him a contract and this is no where near the Woodson deal. Come on Oz sign him!

Bahahahahahahaha I hope this happens to go with your 35 year old WR. It will be fun watching Brown and Wheaton go flying by him. The Steelers didn't even offer him a contract and this is no where near the Woodson deal. Come on Oz sign him!

Brown and who???

He can run by all he wants, how's Ben getting him the ball while on his ass?

Aside from all the unnecessary homer-ism in this thread... Clark would be a solid pickup on the cheap for us on a 1 or 2 year deal. He's definitely aging, but we don't have many better options out there.

We would and should have kept Ed if we're staying old in the secondary, I don't think Ozzie is going that route....Steve Smith is an extremely good WR that is aging, while Ryan is an ok FS that is aging and too much depends on him in that secondary to roll with that...IMO

If we are signing Clark, we may as well bring Ed back. I don't think we're signing him. Clark self scouted recently and he wasn't talking about playing centerfield. He was talking about blitzing and hitting RBs. We want an athletic FS in the vein of Ed Reed or Earl Thomas.

We would and should have kept Ed if we're staying old in the secondary, I don't think Ozzie is going that route....Steve Smith is an extremely good WR that is aging, while Ryan is an ok FS that is aging and too much depends on him in that secondary to roll with that...IMO

Jeez, never thought i'd ever agree with anything Oldschool said, but, I gotta give it a 100% nailed it on this one.

you will find out and who in a few months. This kid is the exact same mold as Brown. Markus Wheaton is going to have a break out season this year he was just buried to deep to do anything as a rookie.

Did the steelers improve that much from 8-8? I don't think so

Wheaton is a speed guy. He's not the same as brown. Brown is really good and proven. He's hard to cover and more than just because of his speed. Wheaton might be a one trick pony. Brown isn't.

Did the steelers improve that much from 8-8? I don't think so

I actually do we will have a healthy Miller from the start as well as a healthy Bell. If Bell didn't miss the first 4 games the Steelers don't go 0-4 to start last year. Finishing 8-4 down the stretch and the offense being in the top 10 and top 5 in scoring the last half of the season is really encouraging. Also getting Pouncey back is a huge upgrade to a line that really started room come together.
  • Downvote 1

U all still have decastro and Adams, pouncey hasn't played 16 games since you drafted him, sorry I don't see the improvement,

you obviously didn't watch the steelers down the stretch. Decastro was playing at an all pro level and Adams was sitting on the bench. They averaged over 100 yards a game on the ground and Ben was sacked something like 11 times in the last 8 games. Adams was on the bench and Beachum was playing great. Adams was looking better down the stretch everyone forgets he lost the 6 weeks leading up to training camp where most players really ramp up their work outs. Munchak has a lot to work with and they have depth with Whimper, Wallace, and Ubernastyand if Velasco is healthy he will be back.