ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mark Clayton is for real

vmax

Love these highlights...

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d...goryId=featured

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d...goryId=featured

43662388.jpg

Last week Mark gave a warning. He might be a dangerous weapon afterall.

Billick and Boller couldn't get him the ball. Clayton languished...maybe he was a bust.

Wrong!

Joe and Cam know how to make him a valuable contributer to this Ravens offense and Mark is playing like the leathel weapon he was at Oklahoma.

43661890.jpg

Todays game proved to me that he is no "one week wonder"....or a bust. Those were some serious atheltic plays he made that the "average Joe Wr" can't make.

Congrats to Mark Clayton!

43661842.jpg

I am so happy for Mark. He is a truly nice kid with a good head on his shoulders. He isn't like your diva receivers that we see in guys like TO and even Housh. I was always rooting for him to do well and know he got some flack from the fans. Here's to many more productive years for the gentleman! I think we got the next Steve Smith IMO.

Here's what I think we're really learning about Mark...

He can catch.

Randy Moss, TO, Chad Johnson, TJ, Anquan, Fitzgerald, etc etc etc...

The best receivers in the game weren't always open by 5 steps. They still aren't today. Sometimes they are, sure. But they aren't always and they don't have to be.

We can throw the ball to Mark when he's only got a half-step and we know that, if the throw is there, he's either going to make the catch or no one will.

That's a big lesson for this offense and this quarterback.

He's been my favorite player on offense since I saw his Oklahoma highlights when we drafted him. He has the potential and he was utilized and the team gave him the support and opportunity to have a great game.

I know that it's improbable but I've always hoped that he'd progress to our number one receiver of the future.

he's still mediocre IMO. He rarely gets open thats why every QB we ever had looks to mason first. He rarely gets YAC yards which is ALL he got at OK. The only YAC he gets are on those long bombs when hes already open. He avoids contact like crazy, seriously watch him avoid contact on those quick hitches when instead of making someone miss he just hits the turf.

This guy is decent, nothing more, nothing less. Comparing him to steve smith is nuts. Smith sheds tackles and makes moves much much better than clayton.

Not trying to hate, but not going to jump on his nuts at this point. Hes a first rounder not a 4th or 5th.

Who'da thunk it, Clayton is up for O performer of the week..Leonard is up for D Play of the week, and Joltin Joe is up for rookie of the week...

Nice!

Who's up for Poster of the Week?

43662043.jpg

he's still mediocre IMO. He rarely gets open thats why every QB we ever had looks to mason first. He rarely gets YAC yards which is ALL he got at OK. The only YAC he gets are on those long bombs when hes already open. He avoids contact like crazy, seriously watch him avoid contact on those quick hitches when instead of making someone miss he just hits the turf.

This guy is decent, nothing more, nothing less. Comparing him to steve smith is nuts. Smith sheds tackles and makes moves much much better than clayton.

Not trying to hate, but not going to jump on his nuts at this point. Hes a first rounder not a 4th or 5th.

I'm with you on this. He has done this a few times, had a game or a few plays here and there, then nothing. Lets seem him do a full season of this.

Give him a break, we finally have a QB that hits the open recievers.

Mark hasn't been open that much and who was it that he was running down the field with. Even on his pass the CB give-up on Mason watching Mark. We played a very poor team, very.

You think the Titans can take something from that Thanksgiving Day Game?

Mark hasn't been open that much and who was it that he was running down the field with. Even on his pass the CB give-up on Mason watching Mark. We played a very poor team, very.

What about the Philly game? that was a 6 yard slant that TD Clayton took to the house.