ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

God I hope this happens

There have been reports of the Steelers and Harrison having a mutual interest. Now he is old the tank is on fumes but as a run stuffer and a back up that will only cost 251k in cap money would be great. Also to have Harrison and Porter mold JJ would be awesome. This sounds like the Ravens bringing in someone they gotta work a Hover Round into their contract.

If Harrison even dresses for a game, means Pitt is in trouble. I don't care if he's making 27·50 an hour

Not really considering the circumstances he didn't do horrible in Cincinnati. Everyone knew he was going to struggle in the 4-3 but he still had 2 sack and 14 hurries in 300 in some snaps that is not bad.

So there is no point in bring back a has been. Get a young guy and develope him.

easier said then done. If you draft one it's going to have to be a high pick to contribute and we just need depth at this point and this is a great depth signing. We have 3 olbs on the roster right now and we normally carry 5.

Maybe a UDA is brought in but doesn't contribute much this yr but he is on the roster to get better. It could be like Bart Scott or Ed Hartwell here.

I just think Harrison makes the most sense as he doesn't have to learn anything he knows our system. Also the a lot of Bengal players said he changed the way they looked at working out.

But he does nothing going forward for the team.

OK and neither will anyone else we get at this point. They aren't using one of their top 4 picks on an olb. This will be a one year deal for depth. I'm pretty sure Worilds is going to get a long term deal and Jones is just entering his second year we don't need starters we need depth.

So you guys can't find lower draft picks and develope them?

sure we can but it's hit or miss with any team. This isn't 10 years ago when there were only a handful of teams running the 3-4. There is a reason there were no great olb in free agency this year. Is that late round draft pick going to be ready to be the top back up this year absolutely not.

Really? The Ravens have Holmes, McClain, Hartwell, Scott, Kemo, and Demps to name just a few. Look at the low picks Seattle turned into really good players. It is more than doable. Keeping old men who are washed up is short sighted and hurts the team long term. Also this draft is so deep since there are 70+ underclassmen in it that guys who would have been drafted in the 6th round in most yrs will not get drafted at all. Why waste a spot on a has been. Hell if after the draft you still need him I bet he is still on the market. With this draft class there will be a lot of vets looking for work. Oh Harrison was a UDA for the Ravens too.

Really? The Ravens have Holmes, McClain, Hartwell, Scott, Kemo, and Demps to name just a few. Look at the low picks Seattle turned into really good players. It is more than doable. Keeping old men who are washed up is short sighted and hurts the team long term. Also this draft is so deep since there are 70+ underclassmen in it that guys who would have been drafted in the 6th round in most yrs will not get drafted at all. Why waste a spot on a has been. Hell if after the draft you still need him I bet he is still on the market. With this draft class there will be a lot of vets looking for work. Oh Harrison was a UDA for the Ravens too.

ummmmm Harrison was cut three times by the steelers before he was a raven. The steelers have had plenty as well but look at it this way go back 5 years and see how many of those late round picks and udfa are actually doing anything. For every one hit there's probably 10 misses for every team. You don't survive on the draft for as long as the steelers have without being able to develop talent. Harrison got lucky when porter went down and he exploded onto the scene other wise he would probably be driving a truck right now. He said he had just gotten his cdl when the steelers called he was going to drive for the company his dad worked for. I believe he said he almost said no.