ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Baltimore Ravens extend John Harbaugh's contract

papasmurfbell

Agreed. This is pizz poor business sense. This organization kept extending Billick until it was too expensive to let him go when it was all too obvious he'd lost his team. Why not let Harbaugh play out his original contract then negotiate anew. After all, Harbaugh, like Billick before him, is not likely to attract many HC suitors on the open market.

Are you kidding me? His track record speaks volumes, as Nado stated he wouldn't last a day on the open market. He keeps coaching at this pace, he'll be up there with the greats. 6 years coaching, 3 AFCG, a super bowl, 5 trips to the playoffs, come on now.

Are you kidding me? His track record speaks volumes, as Nado stated he wouldn't last a day on the open market. He keeps coaching at this pace, he'll be up there with the greats. 6 years coaching, 3 AFCG, a super bowl, 5 trips to the playoffs, come on now.

Is it the coaching or is it the organization that should be credited with this team's success over the years. I say it's the organization. On the open market Harbaugh would be just another CEO Coach ala Brian Billick.

Is it the coaching or is it the organization that should be credited with this team's success over the years. I say it's the organization. On the open market Harbaugh would be just another CEO Coach ala Brian Billick.

I agree.

What does Billick have to do with this? We are talking about John Harbaugh.

They both suck and have similar results.

Well I guess the front office disagrees and feels the coach has had a hand in the sucess of the team. I'm sorry they disagree with you. I have watched football long enough to come to the opinion that a bad coach doesnt have sucess for long no matter how good a front office he has.

Thats the problem they basically find the acorn once and then they starve to death.

Well when you consider that it took Bill Cowher 13 or 14 years to get one and he is still considered a highly sought after coach, I'd say ours did pretty good.....BB won his in 2 years and Harbs in 5.....Not bad for blind squirrels ,huh ?

I put those 2 in with the squirrels named Switzer, Seifert, and Chucky.

Well when you consider that it took Bill Cowher 13 or 14 years to get one and he is still considered a highly sought after coach, I'd say ours did pretty good.....BB won his in 2 years and Harbs in 5.....Not bad for blind squirrels ,huh ?

You have to remember that most of his time he was in 3 rivers and they cast off their talent very fast.

P, I'm surprised. I didn't know you were anti-Harbs. Well I'm not privy to insider info and bottom line is that he has won. One bad yr after 5 really good ones isn't enough to can him. He's made some decisions I didn't like but I'll ride with him. If he bounces back, no harm done.

P, I'm surprised. I didn't know you were anti-Harbs. Well I'm not privy to insider info and bottom line is that he has won. One bad yr after 5 really good ones isn't enough to can him. He's made some decisions I didn't like but I'll ride with him. If he bounces back, no harm done.

I put those 2 in with the squirrels named Switzer, Seifert, and Chucky.

You have to remember that most of his time he was in 3 rivers and they cast off their talent very fast.

Not that I think any of the coaches are great (Harbs and Billick included) but with the possible exception of Switzer they are all good coaches. If you really think the phrase "Sometimes a blind squirrel finds a nut" describes Seifert and his almost decade long run of having an elite team then I dont think you understand the phrase. And yeah I know he inherited a great team, but there was a ton of turnover during his tenure and they were always good.

Bad coaches dont have the run like Harbaugh had and certainly not the run Seifert had.

Yeah and how many coaches no matter how good, have much success without a good front office? Yeah and he also compiled one of the better winning percentages for coaches in the history of the NFL even when including the Carolina years.

Sounds like a real blind squirrel there. Wonder what he did to piss you off, most of your opinions about coaches are based one whether you like them or not.

No coach can win without having the talent! None!

Lot's of coaches get mediocre results from very talented players. Harbaugh got the most out of what he was given to work with....and they maxed out.

Harbaugh is a proven and very good HC. Few HC's have accomplished what he has. To think he got great results on his own is wrong. Great results come from great organizational choices and decision making. Hiring Harbaugh was one of the pieces.

He's done it all. Now his challenge is to do it again. Not many do.

Damn! I got sucked in! I'm stupid for writing this....all I did was grab a bat!

beating_a_dead_horse_by_potatoehuman-d3f

• Upvote 1

Here pops I'll answer my own question since you ignored it, Bill Belichek did it 12 years ago, but not one time since he was busted for spygate in 2004,

Many a coach had way more talent then what Harbs has had and have come up empty.

No coach can win without having the talent! None!

Lot's of coaches get mediocre results from very talented players. Harbaugh got the most out of what he was given to work with....and they maxed out.

Harbaugh is a proven and very good HC. Few HC's have accomplished what he has. To think he got great results on his own is wrong. Great results come from great organizational choices and decision making. Hiring Harbaugh was one of the pieces.

He's done it all. Now his challenge is to do it again. Not many do.

Damn! I got sucked in! I'm stupid for writing this....all I did was grab a bat!

beating_a_dead_horse_by_potatoehuman-d3f

What was the difference between the saint 2012 and 2010 and 2013?