ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Baltimore Ravens extend John Harbaugh's contract

papasmurfbell

No coach can win without having the talent! None!

Lot's of coaches get mediocre results from very talented players. Harbaugh got the most out of what he was given to work with....and they maxed out.

Harbaugh is a proven and very good HC. Few HC's have accomplished what he has. To think he got great results on his own is wrong. Great results come from great organizational choices and decision making. Hiring Harbaugh was one of the pieces.

He's done it all. Now his challenge is to do it again. Not many do.

Damn! I got sucked in! I'm stupid for writing this....all I did was grab a bat!

beating_a_dead_horse_by_potatoehuman-d3f

Soooooooo, you agree that John Harbaugh's success has more to do with the organization then with his actual coaching ability?

This truly is a dead horse..... Biscuit already said Harbs is on a short leash following an 8-8 season. He'll fire him next season if needs be.

Personnel was a major problem last year. McKinnie being McKinnie, no real successor for Birk, no backup plan at TE when Pitta went down, AQ Shitley, Jones getting hurt in the first game,Huff sucking A$$, having to rely on bums like Doss, Clark, Dickson, Stokely to makeup for Q and Pitta.... its amazing this team went 8-8 the more I think about it, and even with all that we were 1 quarter of football away from being in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

I think the only time a contract could effect coach is when he is in his final year and there have been no talks of an extension. Like Spen said coaches want to win no matter what the circumstances. Even if he knows it's his final year unless he is retiring he still needs a good resume.

• Upvote 1

I think the only time a contract could effect coach is when he is in his final year and there have been no talks of an extension. Like Spen said coaches want to win no matter what the circumstances. Even if he knows it's his final year unless he is retiring he still needs a good resume.

Then it was not needed. It is poor business.

Then it was not needed. It is poor business.

Smurf, people who become multi millionaires don't do it by making poor biz decisions.....I certainly don't understand it, but then I suspect he may know something I don't know, that's why he is a very successful multi mill biz man and I am not.....Say Amen, if you know it's right !!

This truly is a dead horse..... Biscuit already said Harbs is on a short leash following an 8-8 season. He'll fire him next season if needs be.

Personnel was a major problem last year. McKinnie being McKinnie, no real successor for Birk, no backup plan at TE when Pitta went down, AQ Shitley, Jones getting hurt in the first game,Huff sucking A$$, having to rely on bums like Doss, Clark, Dickson, Stokely to makeup for Q and Pitta.... its amazing this team went 8-8 the more I think about it, and even with all that we were 1 quarter of football away from being in the playoffs.

Billick hung around for so long because there was so much $$$ remaining on his contract. Do we want to make that very same stupid mistake should this team continue it's downward spiral with Harbaugh? What happens if there's another coaches and player rebellion, more evidence of a lack of locker room and field leadership, and a lack of growth in Harbaugh gameday coaching ability? That extension is going to look dumb should this team finish 6-10 or even worse. The smart thing to do is let Harbaugh coach the 2 -3 years of his original contract then evaluate his performance.

Soooooooo, you agree that John Harbaugh's success has more to do with the organization then with his actual coaching ability?

No...he is one part of the winning formula and he does his part well. He's the HC...not a position or unit coach. There is a big difference in responsibilities and focus. He is a great fit as a person, winning team philosophy and leader.

Any HC's success is directly tied to Ownership, Front Office, Coaching Staff and the talent on the team. No one man can work with a bunch of slappies and take them anywhere good.

• Upvote 1

No...he is one part of the winning formula and he does his part well. He's the HC...not a position or unit coach. There is a big difference in responsibilities and focus. He is a great fit as a person, winning team philosophy and leader.

Any HC's success is directly tied to Ownership, Front Office, Coaching Staff and the talent on the team. No one man can work with a bunch of slappies and take them anywhere good.

Soooooo, after honestly evaluating Harbaugh's lax gameday coaching skills, you have to agree that any success John Harbaugh has achieved has more to do with the organization than with his actual coaching?

Soooooo, after honestly evaluating Harbaugh's lax gameday coaching skills, you have to agree that any success John Harbaugh has achieved has more to do with the organization than with his actual coaching?

After honestly evaluating your posting skills, I have to agree that any success you have achieved has more to do with the forum than with your actual posting. Keep asking the same question, get it answered honestly and efficiently but not how you'd like, then try to twist the given answer and ask the same question again. And again.

• Upvote 1

After honestly evaluating your posting skills, I have to agree that any success you have achieved has more to do with the forum than with your actual posting. Keep asking the same question, get it answered honestly and efficiently but not how you'd like, then try to twist the given answer and ask the same question again. And again.

Meow...............................................................................again.

• Upvote 1

Meow...............................................................................again.

I'm still unsure what that means, which means to me it makes as much sense as any of your other posts.

Edited by Spen

Spen I think he means to call you a slang for vagina. Just a guess.

Not to get into you guys spat but it's just sports. Chill