ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Can't say I'm happy about this one...

Oldschool739

It would have to be later round, Steve Smith is a stop gap this year, we still need a true #1,,wr and this is the year for it at #17.

don't think Torrey is a number 1? Not that I wouldn't like us to grab one of these WR coming out but I think Torrey is a clear 1 and if we got one, even Evans or Sammy. The best they could be yr one and two would be a number 2. I expect Torrey to be even better this yr. 75+ rec, 1250+ yards, and 8+ TDs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't think Torrey is a number 1? Not that I wouldn't like us to grab one of these WR coming out but I think Torrey is a clear 1 and if we got one, even Evans or Sammy. The best they could be yr one and two would be a number 2. I expect Torrey to be even better this yr. 75+ rec, 1250+ yards, and 8+ TDs

That's why I'm hoping we land a Benjamin or ebron. Oh I love torrey, he needs someone to compliment him to be a true #1

That's why I'm hoping we land a Benjamin or ebron. Oh I love torrey, he needs someone to compliment him to be a true #1

just asking

Do you really think TS is a true #1 right now BG ?......a Megatron, Fitz, AJ or even Marshal ?....He has been our #1 since his first couple games, but I don't think he's there yet as compared to other #1's in the league....I do expect him to get there with the likes of Steve Smith around though....He's never worked with anyone at that caliber before...Q was always a #2....

Gentlemen, he's a number 1. Without the benefit of Q he dropped impressive stats. He couldn't be covered without help.

When Jacoby got all the way back, you started to see Jacoby get open as teams tried to hold down Torrey.

These things constitute a number 1.

Had Q been on the team this past season, imagine Torrey's numbers. If we had a running game to speak of this past season, imagine the play action.

Who in this league is Megatron? Really?

Look at AJ's receiving Corps last season? And running game too.

Marshall had a near clone of himself playing opposite him!

Outside of Megatron, I can't see those guys doing a heck of a lot better in Torrey's position last season. Look at what they did on their own teams, it wasn't a heck of a lot better.

You guys can't see it or are you afraid to be early to the party? Torrey is a number one and if everyone stays healthy this yr, it's going to shine through. Come on and claim it. We finally have a number 1 at WR.

Call me crazy, but I'm still hung up on the Reed guy. But at this scenario,

Draft Pryor.

Wait til after June 1 cuts, if Reed is not signed, bring him in at vet minimum, tell him after the season we want him as secondary coach. Let him retire a Raven, meanwhile you have Elam and Pryor learning from the greatest ball hawk to ever play the game.

Then next season we opening day we have a thank you ed day, he's our secondary coach, and we have 2 safeties with learning experience under the belts from the great one.

Ok P. I don't agree because all those guys have disappeared in a game here or there outside of Megatron and Julio. AJ is in our division and in the game where he caught that Hail Mary to send it into overtime, he was essential shut down up until that flukey catch off the tip.

And outside of Megatron and Bryant, who else had to do it without the benefit of capable players around them? I have to throw Gordon in that category too, he doesn't have much.

I really respect your opinions because even when I don't agree, they usually get me thinking or seeing a different angle but this one has me stumped. I don't see why you can't see it.

I see it. I guess he still has to prove it to some. I hope we lock him up now because if he gets to market, we'll pay out the nose to keep him or else.

I'll ask you this, do you want to see him on another team? Would it hurt our fortunes significantly if he was traded for...say Denver's 1st rd pick this yr?

Demarious was able to make even Tebow look good. You notice I didn't add Decker in there. I like him but he is a complimentary guy. Marshall has produced everywhere basically and has been shut down more by his head than his ability. Now that he is on meds he seens to be almost unstoppable. I almost added Jeffries to the list but 1 season is not enough for me to have him there.

AJ is great. Again a guy can be shut down for a game or two but for long periods no. Torrey was not there for what 6 games straight.

Gordon is just sick. He is a young Megatron. He basically carried the Cle offense the whole 2nd half last yr. He just stepped into #1 status to me. Julio has been basically unstoppable until he hurt his knee. That could take him out of the list. Until I see what he does now I have to leave him there.

Ok P. I don't agree because all those guys have disappeared in a game here or there outside of Megatron and Julio. AJ is in our division and in the game where he caught that Hail Mary to send it into overtime, he was essential shut down up until that flukey catch off the tip.

And outside of Megatron and Bryant, who else had to do it without the benefit of capable players around them? I have to throw Gordon in that category too, he doesn't have much.

I really respect your opinions because even when I don't agree, they usually get me thinking or seeing a different angle but this one has me stumped. I don't see why you can't see it.

I see it. I guess he still has to prove it to some. I hope we lock him up now because if he gets to market, we'll pay out the nose to keep him or else.

I'll ask you this, do you want to see him on another team? Would it hurt our fortunes significantly if he was traded for...say Denver's 1st rd pick this yr?

I definitely want him signed and on our team, make no mistake of that.....But I don't see him as a true #1 at this point....Yes even Megatron got handled by us last yr in 1 game, but unlike TS, he showed up big in most of the other games....I can't recall 1 outstanding game TS showed up in last yr....He had his moments and did fairly well, but not outstanding, and that's what is expected of a true #1.....I still believe he will be one, and yes better players around him will help make that happen, I just haven't seen it at that level yet....I love the guy, but that's the way I see it.

All that is true but even rating this 6 guys ahead of him and maybe a couple more still means he's around 9th to 12th best in a league of 64 outside guys. That's up there. Take into account how bad the offense was and that he still put up the best numbers we've seen from the position since Michael Jackson. He needs more TDs but Joe had a horrible yr. No time to throw and no running game to speak of.

And you didn't answer my questions.

I see a guy that I wouldn't trade. I see a guy to build my passing game around. I see a guy who makes plays and can take games over. I see a number 1.

I may be the only one at this party but he's going to prove to you that many more should be here with me.

Of course. I think you are still high but Torrey is still very good and well worth signing long term but at this point he is not a guy who can silence a D on his own. All the rest of the guys I listed can. I would put Jeffrey (not Jefferies), Antonio Brown, Allen, maybe Royal, Fitz, and Johnson ahead of him too. I see them all as #2a types. Torrey is 25. I would take him to a contract that gets him to about 32 or so. At that time cut ties.

All that is true but even rating this 6 guys ahead of him and maybe a couple more still means he's around 9th to 12th best in a league of 64 outside guys. That's up there. Take into account how bad the offense was and that he still put up the best numbers we've seen from the position since Michael Jackson. He needs more TDs but Joe had a horrible yr. No time to throw and no running game to speak of.

And you didn't answer my questions.

I see a guy that I wouldn't trade. I see a guy to build my passing game around. I see a guy who makes plays and can take games over. I see a number 1.

I may be the only one at this party but he's going to prove to you that many more should be here with me.

I thought I did answer your question BG.....You raise a valid point, and I'm with you on the part of him being better than a lot of other wr's in the game and that he will be a #1.....But just because a team has a wr at the #1 spot doesn't mean that he's actually playing at that level....Look how many yrs we went 2's and 3's.....Someone was always in that #1 spot regardless of how bad they were.....Torrey is the best wr we've had maybe ever, with MJ being the only comparison....Quadry was knocking on it's door but I don't think ever got there....Hey I'm on his side brother, I want him to be Turbo Megatron, we just see it a little different, but we're after the same thing....Go Ravens..

I ain't mad at you guys. It's sports and opinions. If it gets too personal for me, I just don't comment.

School I was talking about the questions I posed on if you would trade him for the 31st pick in this yr's draft.

I know he's our number one because he's in the slot. But on more than half the teams in the league he'd be the number 1.

He's never going to be Megatron.

It's your opinions my fellow Ravenites. You guys need to see more. I think you will this season. I'm seeing it already but that's me. I'm not Cravn positive but I am a glass half full guy and maybe that's why. Torrey ascends into everyone's top 10 this yr and pro bowler

I ain't mad at you guys. It's sports and opinions. If it gets too personal for me, I just don't comment.

School I was talking about the questions I posed on if you would trade him for the 31st pick in this yr's draft.

I know he's our number one because he's in the slot. But on more than half the teams in the league he'd be the number 1.

He's never going to be Megatron.

It's your opinions my fellow Ravenites. You guys need to see more. I think you will this season. I'm seeing it already but that's me. I'm not Cravn positive but I am a glass half full guy and maybe that's why. Torrey ascends into everyone's top 10 this yr and pro bowler

You're not cravn positive, caus you are not as old as me, hey if we only get a championship every 9 years, then I only have a couple left

oh but I love your positivity Cravn!

But who is? It might take 10-15 yrs for another guy like him to come around.

too true. I don't expect him to grow to 6 foot 5 :-D