ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Rolando McClain wants to rejoin Ravens

papasmurfbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/03/rolando-mcclain-wants-to-rejoin-ravens/

After a season away from the NFL, Rolando McClain reportedly wants back in.

McClain, the ex-Raiders linebacker who retired last May as a member of the Ravens, would like to resume his career with Baltimore if he receives the OK from G.M. Ozzie Newsome, he told Matt Zenitz of the Carroll County (Md.) Times.

“I’m excited about the game again. I’m excited to play,” McClain told the Times in a story published Thursday.

McClain may meet with Newsome on Friday in Alabama, the Times reported.

McClain, whom the Raiders took eighth overall in 2010, has recorded 246 tackles and 6.5 sacks in three NFL seasons, all with Oakland. His time with Oakland took a turn for the worst because of off-field issues and a two-game absence imposed by the club after a dispute with coach Dennis Allen.

If in good form, McClain would seem capable of bolstering the Ravens’ linebacking depth. According to the Times, McClain is now 253 pounds, which is six pounds lighter than his last listed weight.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth taking a look at. He was an underachiever before taking a year off. It takes instincts along with strength to play the position. I think he'll have a lot of rust on him, not to mention he could relapse at any point. That being said it cant hurt if he's a camp invite. I'm not set on Brown yet at ILB, Bynes is ok not great either.

Low risk high reward. He'd have to make the team so if he's in good shape why not?

exactly. Cut him if he has nothing but if he can live up to his high draft position at 24 yrs old then we might have something that we got for nothing. Think about this K Benjamin is 23 and he hasn't played a down in the NFL. RM is young enough to still be something.

Low risk high reward. He'd have to make the team so if he's in good shape why not?

exactly. Cut him if he has nothing but if he can live up to his high draft position at 24 yrs old then we might have something that we got for nothing. Think about this K Benjamin is 23 and he hasn't played a down in the NFL. RM is young enough to still be something.

Absolutely. Give him one shot at it.

• 2 weeks later...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/15/report-rolando-mcclains-workout-with-ravens-not-a-roaring-success/

Report: Rolando McClain’s workout with Ravens “not a roaring success”

In a recent interview with the Carroll County (Md.) Times, linebacker Rolando McClain indicated he wanted to restart his NFL career with the Ravens, who hold his rights after his retirement last spring.

Well, McClain reportedly had a workout with the Ravens, and the first accounts of that meeting are not flattering for the 2010 first-round pick.

According to Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Network, McClain’s workout, from what she was told, “was NOT [her emphasis] a roaring success,” with the linebacker not completing the conditioning part of the exercise.

According to Matt Zenitz of the Carroll County Times, the workout was conducted Tuesday, and it “did not go well.”

Speaking at the NFL meeting in March, Ravens coach John Harbaugh made it clear the club would welcome back McClain, but only if he were diligent about his craft.

“If he’s working his rear end off, then I’m kind of excited about him,” Harbaugh said, via ESPN.com. “If he’s not, then I’ve got no interest in him being on our team.”

The 25-year-old McClain last appeared in an NFL game in 2012 with Oakland.

Well he has work to do to get a real shot. Is he going to quit now? If he comes back for another shot then it says something good about

I can see one of two things happening here. The Ravens send him away with a list of things he needs to work on and then give him another shot after the draft.

OR

They just cut their losses and tell him to get lost.

My guess is they will go for option 1 and if they find someone they like in the draft will end up at Option 2.

I can see one of two things happening here. The Ravens send him away with a list of things he needs to work on and then give him another shot after the draft.

OR

They just cut their losses and tell him to get lost.

My guess is they will go for option 1 and if they find someone they like in the draft will end up at Option 2.

Me thinks you are right.....Look what they did today after that debacle of a workout....

Ravens activate Rolando McClain

It's unknown whether this is to allow McClain to participate in the team's offseason workout program, which begins Monday, or this is the first step toward the Ravens releasing the troubled inside linebacker. Ravens officials aren't providing any official comment on the move, which was reported on the NFL's transactions list.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/18/report-rolando-mcclain-expected-to-work-with-ravens-soon/

Report: Rolando McClain expected to work with Ravens soon

Rolando McClain’s comeback attempt didn’t get off to such a hot start, but the Ravens are apparently letting him continue to attempt it.

According to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun, the plan is for McClain to join the Ravens “as soon as Monday” for the offseason program.

He was reinstated from the reserve/retired list this week, despite reportedly faring poorly in his conditioning test.

At this point, he’s a low-risk/no-risk investment.

If he’s interested in being a football player again, Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome (a fellow Alabama man) appears inclined to give him a chance. If McClain doesn’t get in shape, the only thing they’ve wasted is time and a roster spot, of which there are 90.