ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Rolando McClain wants to rejoin Ravens

papasmurfbell

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not hurting our Ravens to give this a shot. It's all win if it works out and minimal loss if we have to cut him. And at 24, there's some guys coming out this yr that are only a yr younger. Let's get him in shape, around a positive winning organization and see what he has.

It's not hurting our Ravens to give this a shot. It's all win if it works out and minimal loss if we have to cut him. And at 24, there's some guys coming out this yr that are only a yr younger. Let's get him in shape, around a positive winning organization and see what he has.

BG, after all that has gone on in this guys troubled career, he gets another chance to prove himself worthy to play at this level.

What does he do to show his appreciation, show up 22 mins late, and not only did he fail the conditioning test, "he quit" on his own.

Harbs was really disturbed over that, so I have no confidence whatsoever that he will be of any use to us at all.....

Waste of time in my opinion, unless they can sucker someone into trading for him....But that's unlikely also.

That same argument was made last yr and they didn't cut him. He didn't embarrass the team since he never made it there. Also if he gets busted for 30 mph over the speed limit they will ignore that too. If he is nailed for rape, murder, or something else big they will deal with it when they get to that bridge.

That same argument was made last yr and they didn't cut him. He didn't embarrass the team since he never made it there. Also if he gets busted for 30 mph over the speed limit they will ignore that too. If he is nailed for rape, murder, or something else big they will deal with it when they get to that bridge.

30 mile over the speed limit could potentially kill somebody, so with his past antics, that would be enough to boot him outta here.

School, I hear you but where's the pain in giving it a shot? We're talking about trouble he go into last yr. so he took the yr off. Guess what? No trouble. So he's not in football shape. Let's get him in football shape. If there's something there to help us win games, we'll find it. If he has nothing, then he's cut. If he gets into trouble, he's cut. It's about winning games and getting guys who help you do it. He's had issues but if he's a good player and has put his issues behind him, I want him. I don't want him to be another Burfict. We didn't take that shot on him and here he is knocking the snot out of Ray Rice. He could've been a Raven. And he's not having off field issues as was thought he would. Give it a shot and see what's there with R McClain.

School, I hear you but where's the pain in giving it a shot? We're talking about trouble he go into last yr. so he took the yr off. Guess what? No trouble. So he's not in football shape. Let's get him in football shape. If there's something there to help us win games, we'll find it. If he has nothing, then he's cut. If he gets into trouble, he's cut. It's about winning games and getting guys who help you do it. He's had issues but if he's a good player and has put his issues behind him, I want him. I don't want him to be another Burfict. We didn't take that shot on him and here he is knocking the snot out of Ray Rice. He could've been a Raven. And he's not having off field issues as was thought he would. Give it a shot and see what's there with R McClain.

You may be right BG, I just hope he doesn't cause us to miss another good player while counting on him and then he trashes us....

Happy Easter to you, buddy.....

You may be right BG, I just hope he doesn't cause us to miss another good player while counting on him and then he trashes us....

Happy Easter to you, buddy.....

Right now he will be 1 of 90 on the roster. Once you get to the last cuts then that could be a possibility. Right now he gets a spot that is used for a warm body that they need for tackling dummy purposes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/21/didnt-take-long-rolando-mcclain-says-im-done/

Didn’t take long: Rolando McClain says “I’m done”

Well, that didn’t take long.

Rolando McClain’s return to the Ravens, which was supposed to begin today with offseason conditioning, apparently was a short one.

McClain told Seth Wickersham of ESPN.com that he was walking away from football, this time for good, saying “I’m done.”

“If football made me complete I would play,” McClain said. “But whenever I think of it my heart pulls me away from whatever reason.”

Every expectation was that the Ravens were going to give the former eighth-overall pick a chance to continue a comeback, even after a sorry performance in their conditioning drill.

But with fellow Alabama man Ozzie Newsome willing to offer him an opportunity, and McClain not grasping it, you have to wonder if we’ve (finally) heard the last of him as it relates to football.

Now it looks to be resolved and the Ravens rep is non the worse for wear.

At least he didn't waste the teams time at training camp. My guess is his heart was never really in football. If it were me I'd wing it for a few more years and make a couple extra million.

Doesn't surprise me at all, he quit during his conditioning test......That can't be good, and if a player will give up during an uncontested drill, what would you expect during real football.....I think the guy has a few screws loose.....

Well, no sweat off our back.

Ozzie called his bluff. He said he wanted to play. Ozzie basically said put up or shut up and go home.

Didn't hurt us any tho and the only embarrassment was for Cody who backed him so hard and talked him up. You do have to follow your heart, that's true but it wasn't a smart move to kill any chance of a career. He should've stayed away another yr. His loss and he lost weakly. SMH

Well, no sweat off our back.

Ozzie called his bluff. He said he wanted to play. Ozzie basically said put up or shut up and go home.

Didn't hurt us any tho and the only embarrassment was for Cody who backed him so hard and talked him up. You do have to follow your heart, that's true but it wasn't a smart move to kill any chance of a career. He should've stayed away another yr. His loss and he lost weakly. SMH

It looks like he's been hanging out with Favre, BG......I'm in I'm out, I'm up I'm down, I do I don't..... Wait a minute, let me think about it....lol

He would have just been depth anyway, so no biggie.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/22/rolando-mcclain-added-to-reserveretired-list/

Rolando McClain added to reserve/retired list

Ravens linebacker Rolando McClain has been placed on the reserve/retired list, according to the NFL’s Tuesday transaction log.

McClain told ESPN on Monday that he was ending his comeback attempt after a season away from football.

The Ravens signed the 24-year-old McClain last April, but the former Alabama star retired a little more than a month later. The Raiders’ first-round pick in 2010, McClain started 38 games in three seasons with Oakland, but off-field issues and a dispute with coach Dennis Allen marred his tenure.

For the time being, the Ravens retain McClain’s rights should he decide to return again to football.

I think he's done until his football money runs out. By then he won't be able to buy his way into the league. He wasted an opportunity here. But if he gets his degree, maybe he can find something in life he wants to do. Not insulting him about the money , that's par for the course with guys who fail to adapt to professional sports life