ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens sign a RB

Robjr83

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Sign-RB-Justin-Forsett-To-1-Year-Deal/66060345-8fe1-4890-941b-6b76638f3e1d?mobile-id=809180&media-type=N

Justin Forsett.... not much to talk about... Come on Oz I wanted LB!

5'8 195lbs spent one year with Kube's

-------

The Ravens have signed running back Justin Forsett to a one-year deal.
Baltimore was looking to add to its running back corps this offseason. Ray Rice’s recent legal troubles, which could lead to a suspension, also a consideration, according to Head Coach John Harbaugh. Forsett joins Rice and Bernard Pierce.
Forsett, 28, is a 5-foot-8, 194-pound quick back. The former 2008 seventh-round pick out of the University of California is entering his seventh season and will be joining his fifth team.
He spent the 2012 season with the Houston Texans and new Ravens Offensive Coordinator Gary Kubiak, which gives him an understanding of Kubiak’s system that he can help pass along to the other running backs.
With the Texans in 2012, Forsett ran 63 times for 374 yards (a career-high 5.9 yards per carry) and one touchdown, an 81-yard score. He caught three passes for 38 yards.
Forsett spent 2013 with the Jacksonville Jaguars after inking a two-year deal. Playing through injuries, he suited up for just nine games and had a career-low six carries for 31 yards. He was placed on injured reserve in December with a broken foot and released on March 11.
Forsett also has some pass-catching ability, although he didn’t do much of it in Houston. While with the Seattle Seahawks from 2008-2011, he was frequently used out of the backfield. He hauled in 41 passes for 350 yards and one touchdown in 2009.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Sign-RB-Justin-Forsett-To-1-Year-Deal/66060345-8fe1-4890-941b-6b76638f3e1d?mobile-id=809180&media-type=N

Justin Forsett.... not much to talk about... Come on Oz I wanted LB!

5'8 195lbs spent one year with Kube's

-------

The Ravens have signed running back Justin Forsett to a one-year deal.
Baltimore was looking to add to its running back corps this offseason. Ray Rice’s recent legal troubles, which could lead to a suspension, also a consideration, according to Head Coach John Harbaugh. Forsett joins Rice and Bernard Pierce.
Forsett, 28, is a 5-foot-8, 194-pound quick back. The former 2008 seventh-round pick out of the University of California is entering his seventh season and will be joining his fifth team.
He spent the 2012 season with the Houston Texans and new Ravens Offensive Coordinator Gary Kubiak, which gives him an understanding of Kubiak’s system that he can help pass along to the other running backs.
With the Texans in 2012, Forsett ran 63 times for 374 yards (a career-high 5.9 yards per carry) and one touchdown, an 81-yard score. He caught three passes for 38 yards.
Forsett spent 2013 with the Jacksonville Jaguars after inking a two-year deal. Playing through injuries, he suited up for just nine games and had a career-low six carries for 31 yards. He was placed on injured reserve in December with a broken foot and released on March 11.
Forsett also has some pass-catching ability, although he didn’t do much of it in Houston. While with the Seattle Seahawks from 2008-2011, he was frequently used out of the backfield. He hauled in 41 passes for 350 yards and one touchdown in 2009.

Oh how I was wishing someone got their dates mixed up and was doing the April Fool's gag.....This guy is atrocious, never done anything, Kubes cut him and Jacksonville did too....Ozzie must have bumped his head, man....I'd rather have Willis back on the end of his career than another one of these dumpster RB's that he keeps bringing in here.....He said he wanted a bruiser and went out and got a midget, not even a good one at that....I am totally confused and disgusted with this total waste of time....

Someone said he could help teach Kube's system but he didn't learn it well enough to keep his job then and that is the coach's job isn't it ?

a poor man's version of MJD, with a bad foot... hmmmm They could have found, and still might, a back = or better than in the draft, late round, undrafted.

If we were talking cars, I'd say we just settled for a Hyundia or Kia while hoping for a Toyota or Honda .

a poor man's version of MJD, with a bad foot... hmmmm They could have found, and still might, a back = or better than in the draft, late round, undrafted.

I read where Harbs said he's here for special teams play and some situational plays, but no guarantee he will even make the team and they are still looking to get a RB either in the draft or late cuts....That made me feel better..

Like I said he is a camp body. He more than likely will not make the 53 man roster.

Like I said he is a camp body. He more than likely will not make the 53 man roster.

He sure has stunk it up so far, but Harbs said he has very good hands, so he could be used for returns and some plays out of the backfield...

He does have to make the team though, no promises...

He could be here just to help teach the offense. Think about it this way. Kubs is not allowed to work with Joe and the other guys until camps. So if Joe is going to get guys together to throw around you have this guy who knows the offense and can help teach it to the guys there.

Makes sense, and I'm sure Daniels knows it well, but not sure about this guy, remember Kubes cut him in Texas.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/07/ravens-expect-ex-texans-to-help-teach-kubiaks-offense/

Ravens expect ex-Texans to help teach Kubiak’s offense

The Ravens didn’t change head coaches this offseason, so they aren’t allowed to start their offseason workouts on Monday along with the teams that have made coaching changes.

Baltimore did change offensive coordinators, however, and installing Gary Kubiak’s offense will be a top priority when the team is permitted to start working in a couple of weeks. One thing that they expect to help them as they put the new scheme into place is the presence of several players who have played for Kubiak in Houston.

Tight end Owen Daniels, running back Justin Forsett and wide receiver Jacoby Jones all played for the Texans in the past and both Kubiak and coach John Harbaugh both say that they’re looking to those players as pseudo-coaches on the field to help their teammates with the transition.

“What guys like Owen and Justin bring to the table as far as knowing the offense and being able to bring their insight into that with our players – that is going to be big for us,” Harbaugh said, via the team’s website. “They’re here to play, but those other things, that is a big part of it, too.”

Quarterback Joe Flacco said over the weekend that the new offensive additions, which also include wide receiver Steve Smith and center Jeremy Zuttah, give the team the ability to do new things on offense in the 2014 season. Kubiak’s job of putting those new things into place should be made easier thanks to the familiar faces he has on the roster.

Just as I suspected.