ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I Like the Sound of This

oldno82

Sanders measured up at 5-foot-7 5/8, 203 pounds and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37. ... I wish he was a little taller. ... Has Tony Dorsett-like ability as a runner, unbelieveable quickness (quickness grades above 80 percent). ... Great leg strength and vision. ... Can cut, stop and start on a dime. ... Has been very durable. ... Can return kickoffs (two for TDs in 1987). ... Oklahoma State seldom throws ball to running backs but he did catch ball well in practice. ... Great person, everyone from equipment manager to the secretaries brag on him. ... Should be a Pro Bowl player.

- See more at: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/release.aspx?release_id=1206#sthash.3TUQLavi.dpuf

That's from Gil Brandt of the Dallas Cowboys.

4.37. But how many moves did he have to make before he could take off when he was a Lion. But check out at OSU.

Just saying he had 4.4 or sub 4.4 speed. He got caught some but who has more 80 yard runs? Not many. Who has mor runs over 20? Nobody. He had a lot if opportunities to get caught. I love Jamal so I won't speak on him vs Barry. Apples and oranges.

I suspect that Barry had short area speed that was amazing. Most likely, if you broke down his 40 it was amazing from 0-20, good 20-30, and tapering 30-40. So if you have long speed and keep chasing with an angle to boot, you have a chance to catch him.

P, I could talk Barry all day. Amazing player, we are all fortunate the Cowboys didn't get him or some other team that opened big holes and had a better coach than Wayne Fontes

Mel Kiper's recommendations for the first 3 rounds of the draft:

Round 1 (17) OT Zack Martin, Notre Dame
Round 2 (48) S Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois
Round 3 (79) RB Dri Archer, Kent St.
Round 3 (99) TE Troy Niklas, Notre Dame (Comp)

So I'm in charge of the Ravens in a mock draft on SportsHoopla. My picks thus far:

Round 1 - Zack Martin

Round 2 - Jimmie Ward

Round 3 - C.J. Fiedorowicz

Round 3 - Demarcus Lawrence

I love the Martin and Ward picks. Not thrilled about my selection of Fiedorowicz, but Niklas was taken right before my pick and I panicked a little. On the plus side, Fiedorowicz is by far the best blocking TE in the draft and would be of great use to Kubiak. Lawrence was simply a BPA pick and was an outstanding value. It's ridiculous he was available.

My targets for the 4th round (about 10 picks away right now) are Archer and West.

Have mock drafts ever worked out? I like Martin with the 1st pick but it never seems to pan out. I honestly hate this time of year since months of talk basically are erased in hours. Oz very well could trade back and still take a DT, LB, CB, or some other guy we never thought of.

So I'm in charge of the Ravens in a mock draft on SportsHoopla. My picks thus far:

Round 1 - Zack Martin

Round 2 - Jimmie Ward

Round 3 - C.J. Fiedorowicz

Round 3 - Demarcus Lawrence

I love the Martin and Ward picks. Not thrilled about my selection of Fiedorowicz, but Niklas was taken right before my pick and I panicked a little. On the plus side, Fiedorowicz is by far the best blocking TE in the draft and would be of great use to Kubiak. Lawrence was simply a BPA pick and was an outstanding value. It's ridiculous he was available.

My targets for the 4th round (about 10 picks away right now) are Archer and West.

I recommended you for the job over there, buddy !!...I knew you would do an excellent job at it....Now get us a better back up qb, will you ?.... Go Ravens...

If they go for a backup I would look at McCarron if he slides to the 4th.

Also these guys.

Tom Savage, QB, Pittsburgh
Height: 6-4. Weight: 228.
40 Time: 4.97.
Projected Round (2014): 3-4.

3/29/14: There has been a nice buzz about Savage lately. Some are looking at him as a potential diamond in the rough as a mid-round pick. Savage has big size, pocket presence and a quality arm. He also hails from a pro-style offense. In 2013, the senior completed 61 percent of his passes for 2,958 yards with 21 touchdowns and nine interceptions.

Savage started out his collegiate career at Rutgers in 2009. As a freshman, he threw for 2,211 yards and 14 touchdowns with seven interceptions. Savage lost his starting spot as a sophomore because of an injury. He then left Rutgers for Arizona, but that didn't work out and he transfered to Pittsburgh. Savage was forced to sit out the 2012 season before playing well for Paul Chryst as a senior.

Savage is on the radar of the quarterback-needy teams that are considering waiting to draft a quarterback until after the first round.
Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech

Height: 6-6. Weight: 248.
40 Time: 4.61.
Projected Round (2014): 3-5.

3/29/14: Sources were impressed with Thomas' skill set at the Senior Bowl, but he continued to show the mistakes that plagued him over the past two seasons. Thomas put his big arm and athleticism on display at the Combine. There are teams that are intrigued with him as a mid-rounder.

Early in 2013, Thomas was showing some improvements with his accuracy and decision-making problems. He had good performances against Georgia Tech and North Carolina in particular, but had a disastrous outing against Duke with four interceptions to let the Blue Devils pull off the upset.

To open the season, Thomas struggled to complete passes versus Alabama. His accuracy was off as he missed some openings in the secondary. Thomas also got little help from his wide outs. They were awful at getting separation from the Crimson Tide's defensive backs and had a number of ugly drops. Thomas closed out his career by being knocked out of his bowl game against UCLA with an injury.

In 2013, Thomas completed 57 percent of his passes for 2,907 yards with 16 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. He ran for 344 yards with four touchdowns, too.

8/3/13: Thomas was one of the biggest disappointments in college football last season. He had an ugly year that illustrated terrible passing accuracy. Thomas completed 51 percent of his passes for 2,976 yards with 18 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. He ran for 726 yards (524 net) and nine touchdowns, but his passing was horrific at times.

Thomas needs to do a ton of work to develop as a passer. He has to significantly improve his accuracy along with developing pocket presence. Thomas has to get more patience and vastly enhance his ability to read defenses. He generally looks to run if he doesn't see a receiver breaking open early.

Thomas is a big, athletic signal-caller with a strong arm. He has a similar skill set to Cam Newton or Tim Tebow. Thomas set the school record for rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in 2011, running for 627 yards and 11 scores. The first-year starter completed 60 percent of his passes for 3,013 yards with 19 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.

Thomas has the size, arm and mobility to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. He is capable of having a massive 2013 season to be a early-round pick.

Personal: Graduated in December with a degree in human development. Son of Eddie and Kim Tarazona.

Brett Smith*, QB, Wyoming

Height: 6-3. Weight: 206.
Projected 40 Time: 4.69.
Projected Round (2014): 4-6.

3/29/14: Smith entered the 2014 NFL Draft after putting together his best collegiate season. The junior completed 63 percent of his passes in 2013 for 29 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He also ran for 573 yards and four touchdowns. Smith has some size and athleticism to him. He did not receive an invitation to the Combine.

Smith was very consistent for Wyoming over the past three seasons. In 2012, he completed 62 percent of his throws for 2,832 yards with 27 touchdowns and six interceptions. During his freshman season, Smith completed 61 percent for 2,622 yards with 20 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.

Personal: Son of Kimi and Kevin Smith.

James Franklin, QB, Missouri

Height: 6-2. Weight: 230.
Projected 40 Time: 4.67.
Projected Round (2014): 5-7.

3/29/14: Franklin played well in 2013 before a shoulder injury knocked him out for about a month. Once he returned to the lineup, he played well enough to lead Missouri to the SEC Championship. Franklin was impressive against Texas A&M, Auburn and Oklahoma State to end the regular season. In 2013, he completed 62 percent of his passes for 2,429 yards with 19 touchdowns and six interceptions. Franklin is a nice sleeper prospect worth watching. He didn't work out at the Combine.

Bryn Renner, QB, North Carolina

Height: 6-3. Weight: 228.
40 Time: 4.87.
Projected Round (2014): 5-7.

3/29/14: Renner greatly missed Gio Bernard, Jonathan Cooper and Brennan Williams in 2013. North Carolina disappointed overall and struggled to develop consistency on offense. Renner completed 66 percent of his passes this season for 1,765 yards with 10 touchdowns and five interceptions. He missed the game against Virginia Tech before coming back for two games. Renner's year ended early with a shoulder injury. He didn't impress at the Combine.

7/29/12: Renner is an underrated quarterback prospect who could rise high in the 2014 NFL Draft. He is a smart quarterback and is a good game manager. Renner completed 65 percent of his passes in 2012 for 3,356 yards with 28 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He is a pocket passer and isn't a threat to run.

Renner had a quality debut in 2011. The first-year starter completed 68 percent of his passes for 3,086 yards with 26 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. He took too many sacks (26) that season. but was much better as a junior.

Personal: Son of Bill and Cindy Renner. His father was a punter for Virginia Tech and the Green Bay Packers.