ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens reportedly met with Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

papasmurfbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/10/ravens-reportedly-met-with-ha-ha-clinton-dix/

When it comes to Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix’s place in this year’s draft class, two things are clear.

The first is that he’s got the most memorable name of this year’s prospects and the second is that he’s almost certain to hear that memorable name announced as a first-round pick by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on May 8. It’s less clear which team will be making that selection, although Clinton-Dix’s list of visits gives us some idea of who is interested in his services.

Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Ravens recently met withClinton-Dix and Baltimore appears to be a good fit for the safety. There’s been talk of moving Matt Elam, last year’s first-round pick, to strong safety and Clinton-Dix projects as a free safety that would allow them to make that move.

Clinton-Dix has also met with the Lions and Titans, both of whom select before the Ravens will be on the board with the 17th overall pick. With the Rams and Bears also picking before Baltimore and potentially looking for safeties, Clinton-Dix could wind up going too early to be Elam’s running mate unless Baltimore decides to move up the board.

There's plenty of OT's for us to take in the first round who can start right away. There is a good safety available in the 2nd round but we might have to trade up. Depends where Clayton Prior goes.

And there's more: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/2014-Ravens-Scouts-Eye-Safeties/b1667ddb-897b-4548-b31c-da97463c5ed2

Edited by oldno82

There's plenty of OT's for us to take in the first round who can start right away. There is a good safety available in the 2nd round but we might have to trade up. Depends where Clayton Prior goes.

And there's more: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/2014-Ravens-Scouts-Eye-Safeties/b1667ddb-897b-4548-b31c-da97463c5ed2

I don't want to take a safety in the 1st. Clinton-Dix is the best fit, but I'm not sold on him. Prior is not a good fit in my opinion. I think we would be getting an Elam clone. I would love Jimmie Ward in the 2nd. Lewan/Martin in the 1st and Ward in the 2nd would be ideal for me. This is assuming Evans, Gilbert or Donald don't fall.

I don't want to take a safety in the 1st. Clinton-Dix is the best fit, but I'm not sold on him. Prior is not a good fit in my opinion. I think we would be getting an Elam clone. I would love Jimmie Ward in the 2nd. Lewan/Martin in the 1st and Ward in the 2nd would be ideal for me. This is assuming Evans, Gilbert or Donald don't fall.

I agree on Pryor. But NFL network is push Buchanan. Fastest Safety in the draft but built like an SS. Had the most picks last year of the top 5 safeties. Ward is regarded as the best coverage Safety.

That's seems the best outcome to me too.

@jamisonhensley: Not so fast. The Ravens would be extremely interested in Ha Ha Clinton-Dix because he's the clear-cut No. 1 safety in the draft. There's just no guarantee that he lasts to the Ravens at No. 17. In fact, the odds are against him slipping that far. The latest buzz has the St. Louis Rams taking Clinton-Dix at No. 13. If the Rams pass on him, I don't see him getting past safety-needy teams like the Chicago Bears (No. 14) and the Dallas Cowboys (No. 16). This is why so many draft experts are predicting the Ravens will take Northern Illinois' Jimmie Ward in the second round.