ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Silva's Two-Round Mock Draft

papasmurfbell

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/silvas-two-round-mock-draft-044100185--nfl.html

17. Baltimore Ravens -- Michigan OT Taylor Lewan

Off-field woes may adversely affect Lewan's stock, but the Ravens have a locker room strong enough to embrace him. He's also a top-half-of-the-first-round talent. Baltimore has a pressing right tackle need after letting Michael Oher walk in free agency. Lewan is a no-brainer pick at 17. 48. Baltimore Ravens -- Florida State DB Lamarcus Joyner

I expect this year's top-three safeties to fly off the board in round one. Joyner would be a solid fallback target for GM Ozzie Newsome. He could play a Tyrann Mathieu role, manning free safety in Baltimore's base defense and giving the team slot corner options in the nickel and dime.

I don't see a safety in the 1st round 2 yrs in a row. It seems unlikely for the position. They can find a FS later.

I haven't been able to follow the draft closely, all factors aside, do you think any of the safeties are worth taking with the seventeenth overall pick? From what I've read Ha Ha is the best guy but I don't know too much about him.

If a safety is the BPA and there are no trade back options I'd have no problem taking a safety. Seattle showed this season how much flexibility two really good safeties can give your defense. I agree though I would rather get Jimmie Ward in the second round.