ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Snyder was tired of seeing Jackson score touchdowns against Washington

papasmurfbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/22/snyder-was-tired-of-seeing-jackson-score-touchdowns-against-washington/

Washington owner Daniel Snyder, who rarely says much to the media, has chimed in on the unexpected acquisition of former Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson.

“That’s going to be exciting — and not just the two games against Philly,” Snyder said Tuesday, via CSN Washington. “We got tired of seeing him score a lot of touchdowns against us and watching him on TV. So it’s great to have him here.”

What of the idea that this is Snyder reverting to his fantasy-football tendencies? Snyder strongly implied that it wasn’t his decision.

“I think that when you look at the fact that the head coach and the General Manager said this is the right move, the only thing I can do is support it,” Snyder said. “That’s what I’ve done and it’s been great.”

For now, DeSean has a two-year contract. His stay could be a bit longer than that, according to the boss.

“I think you’ll see him here for the Redskins for many years,” Snyder said.

Which means there’s a chance Jackson will still be with the Redskins after they’re, you know, no longer known as the Redskins.

You always go back to what you are.