ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Wieters hurt?

dc.

Yahoo and others reporting he'll see Dr Andrews tomorrow while the team is in Florida about elbow soreness that has persisted. Fear is it is a torn ligament that could require Tommy John surgery.

Great way to continue a killer start to the season for him. But good thing we got Clevenger who has shown he can hit so far.

Oh, easily. In fact, probably done into the middle of next year at least. Would be devastating - though would make him a more affordable (and riskier) resign.

Just sucks. He's had a great year a the plate so far...

Reading around other boards the consensus I've gathered is rehab on TJ surgery takes less time for position players than pitchers. About right months I read. I want to research if there are other position players who have come back from TJ surgery recently.

Is there a best case scenario for Wieters? Rarely do you see a guy go to Dr. Andrews with elbow soreness and it is not a tear. Is it too much to hope that Wieters just needs some rest?

Whew dodged a bullet!

@masnRoch: Buck expects Wieters to be in lineup tomorrow. Probably DH. Available tonight. #orioles

@masnRoch: Buck said Wieters will catch in "near future." Won't rest him any more than already planned before elbow issue

Apparently it has been getting better but they wanted extent which is why they went to Andrews. I would rest him through the week but bet he'll be catching by Saturday.

Very good win. Add in the Wieters news and yesterday was a good day for the O's.

We really have some guys who can absolutely crush the ball. Schoop and Jones killed their HR's last night. And Cruz's past two HR's have been double and triple deckers. Fun to watch.

I really think Schoop is going to get better as the year goes on. He'll never consistently take a walk, but he seems like a kid who has tough skin and learns from his mistakes. It's really fun to watch him go to the batter's box with no gloves on hacking at balls. With his size, power and bat speed he's kind of like a poor man's Vlad Guerrero.

Did anyone see his walk the other day? He passed up on two very questionable calls by the ump. The radio announcers were joking he either is seeing the ball really well or is extremely confused in the box haha.

Apparently it has been getting better but they wanted extent which is why they went to Andrews. I would rest him through the week but bet he'll be catching by Saturday.

Exactly, why even take the risk with Weits, rest his through the weekend and start over on Monday, we still have a 1/2 game lead atop the AL East, its a long season, rest and ice that arm. Let Caleb have the shot defensively Weits is still in the lineup at DH.

• 1 month later...