ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Merged: Michael Sam

vmax

There I am explaining to my son that no way does the Co Defensive MVP of the SEC fall to the 7th round except for the teams of the NFL not wanting an openly gay player on their roster. We're talking the SEC now. He should have gone by round 3 at the worst. I applauded Jeff Fishee and the Rams for taking him.

Then came the make out scene where he endeared himself to the hearts of America.

Then came..."Well...maybe we don't need to see this!" :scared:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=28CU6BMHKdw

We need to stop caring about what they do. His life. I would prefer bedroom stuff stay there. This stuff energizes the gay community. That's fine. It will fade when we all stop paying attention and just worry about his play. There's nothing for anyone to rail against or rally behind if the majority lets them go about their business and don't make it a conversation.

• Upvote 1

Watched Micheal Sam's celabratory open mouth smooch with his boyfriend and Yeeeeeeeack!! The more I see of this guy the less I like him. This lollipop is nothing more than a self promoting C sucker...Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck!!!!!

But I thought you libs liked this progressive stuff.

Man on man tongue swabbing always makes me uncomfortable. Are you comfortable with it?

Are you comfortable with being a bigoted and outdated troll?

I'd also love to know where your assessment of him as "self-promoting" came from considering he's done next to no promotion for himself (or his cause) to speak of.

Do I want to see PDA on a sports broadcast? No. Not between anyone. The difference between a modern and educated person and yourself lies in this example: if it were two women kissing after one was drafted, you'd probably be hooting and hollering about how great it was. That difference is purely homophobic and just as similarly dehumanizing as racism.

Hint: even at best, if you're seeking to keep the views or feelings of someone else that you disagree with (two men kissing, for example), it might behoove you to follow that same practice yourself. :thumbup:

Man on man tongue swabbing always makes me uncomfortable. Are you comfortable with it?

What about it makes you uncomfortable?

They hardly kissed compared to most of what you see these days.

Was it because his boyfriend is white?

3rd round Max? We covered this in the Sams thread when he came out, go look at that thread.. It was not the cover up you and many think, it was his play on the field. One good season and that was based on 3 games. He did nothing against good teams, that is why he went next to last in the draft. If the Rams felt so highly of him, why not draft him earlier in the 7th, the 6th, the 5th?

He will be lucky to make the roster, and the thoughts may be, then, does he make the team because of the public outcry that will come if they cut him? He is under sized for a defensive end, too slow to be a line backer, no moves, not very strong, no agility. This is why he went almost undrafted, not because of his sexual orientation.