ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Big year ahead for Joe

vmax

It's really looking good....

It's uncommon for a former Super Bowl MVP to appear on a list of players who could take a leap forward. That said, I expect Flacco will reap the benefits of Gary Kubiak's arrival in Baltimore. The crafty play caller is installing a version of the West Coast offense that will accentuate Flacco's strengths as a deep-ball thrower while showcasing his underrated athleticism and mobility on a variety of bootleg passes. More importantly, Kubiak will implement an efficient system that will help Flacco complete a higher percentage of passes and keep the Ravens' offense on scheduleConsider Kubiak's work with two-time Pro Bowl quarterback Matt Schaub in Houston. The Texans' system helped Schaub post a 90-plus passer rating in five consecutive seasons; over that span, Schaub threw 105 touchdown passes against 55 interceptions. Not to mention, Schaub recorded three 4,000-yard seasons, including in 2009, when he led the NFL with 4,770 yards. Given Flacco's talent, arm strength and mobility, I expect Kubiak's dynamic offensive system to help the quarterback thrive and get the Ravens back on track as legitimate contenders in the AFC. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000358346/article/joe-flacco-mike-wallace-among-newcoordinator-beneficiaries

A 2 back 2 TE offense....Pita, the Smith Brothers, Daniels, Rice and Juice catching balls out of the backfield..Jones...Brown....they are going to be nasty.

I'm telling you!....

Under Kubiak, the Houston Texans posted the third-best completion percentage in the league during the eight years the West Coast scheme has run there. At 64.3 percent, the Texans trailed only New Orleans and San Diego in that department.

But with a dazzling array of targets that, on paper, could give the Ravens their most explosive offense yet -- along with an upgraded offensive line that won't have to hold blocks nearly as long, thanks to shorter drops -- Flacco's career completion rate of 60.2 percent could grow by leaps and bounds.

In turn, that could cause problems for enemy defenses, for it already is wreaking in-house havoc.

"It's giving us a lot of headaches," defensive coordinator Dean Pees said. "[The offense is] a lot [different]. I love working with Gary. He's such a good coach.

"It's such a very multiple offense. I always thought it was when [Kubiak ran it in] Houston and Denver. He's got a lot of weapons, and he knows how to use them." http://www.pressboxonline.com/2014/06/10/gary-kubiak-working-with-ravens-on-west-coast-offense

Joe's completion % would be up if he had receivers who could get both seperation and have a bigger catch radius. It is difficult to cplete 65% of passes when every throw has to be dropped in the eye of a needle or thrown away because no one is open in time.

Completion % is a bit of a hiccup, can be very decieving and relies, largely on a decent offense line and good receivers. As fans, most times we do not know why a qb only completed 50% of his passes unless we 1) see the game and 2) truly see the game, the timing of when the qb has time and a recever is open. They don't subtract for throw aways or dropped passes.

minimal attempts in those 3 years

my favorite completion of his 2008 was the PICK 6 TO TROY

sorry the offense for joe will struggle this year majorly

I see

6-10 no better

maybe worse

I see

6-10 no better

maybe worse

I love it when people ask a question then try to argue against a correct answer. All you had to do was ask: "has Joe ever thrown above 63.2%?" Or "has Joe ever thrown above 60% while throwing at least 500 attempts?" Your fault for asking a poor question initially.

I see

6-10 no better

maybe worse

A better question. How many quarterbacks, starting, have been to mulitple super bowls, yet never won an MVP?

Being a Superbowl MVP is overrated. Some real bums have won that honor. Flacco groupies love to throw that around just like a steelers fan loves to bring up 6 rings

ding ding ding, winner winner catfish dinner, heres our first Flacco HT8R

It was a reply to Oldcrows post

You are throwing in a meaningless accolade.

Flacco is a good qb but he's not on Bens level. Does that mean he canr get there? No it doesn't. The question is how much more time does he have to improve before play pevels off or has it already?

He can't get there. Ben progressed. Ben did things to make sure he would score or get a positive play. Joe has never been that guy. It isn't in him.

You are throwing in a meaningless accolade.

He can't get there. Ben progressed. Ben did things to make sure he would score or get a positive play. Joe has never been that guy. It isn't in him.

I tend to agree with you but I'm willing to give Joe one year under a real offensive QB like Kubiak.

Ben in his prime and healthy, only a few guys in the league are better. My concern with Ben is the amount of hits he takes due to his style of play is absolutely going to affect his longevity.

I tend to agree with you but I'm willing to give Joe one year under a real offensive QB like Kubiak.

Ben in his prime and healthy, only a few guys in the league are better. My concern with Ben is the amount of hits he takes due to his style of play is absolutely going to affect his longevity.

I think you are right. Ben had Arians during his development and look what he has done at the Colts and then the Cardinals. I don't think you can underestimate how much a good OC can do for a QB.

If Joe looks bad under Kubiak then he will be cut/traded at the end of the 3rd year of his deal.

• Upvote 1

I have seen Joe make really stupid decisions with the ball that I have not seen Ben make. I look at the Sea/ Pitt SB when ben crawled into the endzone even though he was down. I give him credit fro getting a score by any means necessary.

Meaningless to whom? it got Joe 6 year 120 mil, so MVP is meaningful to some.

So the FO is stupid for paying for a meaningless title.

Are you F'ing kidding me? You're giving him credit for a TD he never got and that the ref even came out and said it shouldn't have been counted? That's going the extra mile?

I have seen Joe make really stupid decisions with the ball that I have not seen Ben make. I look at the Sea/ Pitt SB when ben crawled into the endzone even though he was down. I give him credit fro getting a score by any means necessary.