ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Big year ahead for Joe

vmax

There's no way we could have come up with an Andrew Luck, We were just coming off the Super Bowl win and were drafting 32nd. Dan Marino, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, etc. were not available. If we had not re-signed Joe who'd be quarterbacking the Ravens now?

This is horse shit Papa. Joe has some failings sure but his supporting cast has been less than stellar. If Lee Evans doesn't drop a perfectly thrown ball by Joe we would have 2 Superbowl wins in 2 years. The Dolphins had 17 years to surround Dan with enough talent to win the big one and he failed to do it. Hell they only reached the playoffs 10 out of his 17 seasons.

So far Joe has reached the playoffs 5 out of 6 with 3 AFC Championship appearances and 1 Superbowl.

FWIW Marino was a sub 60% passer (59.4) for his career. Flacco is currently 60.2%

• Upvote 1

There's no way we could have come up with an Andrew Luck, We were just coming off the Super Bowl win and were drafting 32nd. Dan Marino, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, etc. were not available. If we had not re-signed Joe who'd be quarterbacking the Ravens now?

We could of had Marino in 83, he fell to 25, but no we had a piss ass drunk owner who made the worse trade in NFL history.

That was not the question that was posed to me. I was asked what not star QB's I would take. I gave 3. I did not say they should have drafted him in that they couldn't have.

This is horse shit Papa. Joe has some failings sure but his supporting cast has been less than stellar. If Lee Evans doesn't drop a perfectly thrown ball by Joe we would have 2 Superbowl wins in 2 years. The Dolphins had 17 years to surround Dan with enough talent to win the big one and he failed to do it. Hell they only reached the playoffs 10 out of his 17 seasons.

So far Joe has reached the playoffs 5 out of 6 with 3 AFC Championship appearances and 1 Superbowl.

FWIW Marino was a sub 60% passer (59.4) for his career. Flacco is currently 60.2%

Again if Marino had good WR's and TE's during his tenure he would have been sick. He never had a RB. The D's were so so.

Again if Marino had good WR's and TE's during his tenure he would have been sick. He never had a RB. The D's were so so.

Boldin didn't get SF back into the SB, did he? Torrey is still growing, and Ray Rice fumbled several times through the playoffs and SB. Yet, you argue they were the best part of the O and made Joe look good. Again, you're talking out of your rear dude. I like you better when you talk about movies and comic books.

Agreed. But that is why I have said throwing WR's open. Also there are times when he should have pulled the trigger and he didn't and takes a sack. I also will never get that sack he took in th ePO's when he was chased out of the pocket and he ran out of bounds for about a 7 yd loss. Any dolt would have thrown the ball away.

I'm not quite sure what you want Joe to do. If the WR's covered he's covered. If he throws over the DB and the WR isn't there its an overthrow. If its an underthrow its a pick, if its just right the WR has to make the play. How do expect anything different last year playing with a piss poor O-line, a #2 in Torrey, a #3 in Jones, a past his prime Clark,a never in his prime Dickson, a step slower RR, an UDFA Brown, and Stokley who is lucky to remember where he parked his car after the game.

I am not talking about last yr. That was what it was. I am talking about the totality of his career.

Joe certainly had a poor year last year, but I think he has flashed the ability to throw WR's open in his career. Asking a QB to throw WR's open WITHOUT time in the pocket is quite the task... He flat out hasn't and will likely never earn his contract, but he is an above-average QB. I'm excited to see what he can do with a Coordinator that can better utilize his natural gifts.

That was not the question that was posed to me. I was asked what not star QB's I would take. I gave 3. I did not say they should have drafted him in that they couldn't have.

Papa the trouble with your arguments about Joe is that you never provide a decent solution to the situation the team was in after the Super Bowl.

This isn't fantasy football. And by the way, I really haven't been as impressed with the 2014 class like you are.

Read this (it might make you feel better about the upcoming season and Joe):

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Joe-Flacco-Feeling-Very-Comfortable-In-New-Offense/2a464741-a165-4e5c-b880-bd6f6796c31f