ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

From the WOW file

We need some "mo" going into Seattle - tough weekend series and even tougher pitcher matchups than LA.

We've drawn relatively favorable matchups w/Halos; not so favorable against the Ms.

Plus, Seattle has been tough on the Os- witnessed many a late night horror show (blown save/walk off hit) in that joint.

Still, we've already exceeded my expectations thus far in LA'; lets see it carry over to Seattle.

I don't think there are any favorable matchups with the Ms - their rotation is good.

But I am thrilled with our play against the Angels - they have been one of the hottest teams in the league for the last two months.

Tillman has always been a flyball pitcher.

I worry more that Tillman can't get through 6 innings without throwing 100+ pitches. So then we have to bring in Tommy Hunter for 2+ innings and watch him walk three and give up a pair of runs.

Unfortunately, those two accounted for three of our six hits...

Weaver pitched a solid game. Tillman was good, but his fly balls are getting scary. Hunter was Hunter.

Take the series win and move on.

Yep. In the words of the Meatloaf song "Two out of three aint bad " :sing:

Not to question Buck, but if Tillman could have given us 1 more inning.100 pitches is really not that many, then bring in Matusz, maybe the situation would have turned out differently.

Edited by cravnravn

But you're forgetting that Hunter went two innings ... and Tillman didn't have another inning in him. It's his job to get people out in an effective manner. 105 pitches in 6 innings is about 18 per inning. Not huge, but not good either.