ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Modell family wants to press charges against grave urinator

papasmurfbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/24/modell-family-wants-to-press-charges-against-grave-urinator/

It’s one thing to take a grudge to the grave, but one Browns fans took his to an embarrassing new low.

After an unidentified Browns fan calling himself “Mr. BrownsFan4Life” made a video of himself urinating on the grave of former Browns-Ravens owner Art Modell, authorites in Baltimore are hoping to press charges.

The video has been removed from YouTube (Deadspin has a copy, if you want to see it), but the Modell family has expressed the appropriate outrage over the incident.

“To some people, the man in that grave is Art Modell,” son David Modell said, via Jon Meoli of the Baltimore Sun. “But to me, my brother, my children, and my wife, that’s their father. That’s their grandfather. . . . Can any of your readers imagine, for one second, seeing someone do that to your parents’ grave?

“The act is so offensive, and I’d like to publicly say, isn’t enough enough? When is enough enough? It’s a vile, piggish act of online cowardice by Mr. BrownsFan4Life.”

David Modell also called it “incredibly distasteful, revolting, and mean-spirited” and promised to file charges.

“Whatever we can throw at him, that’s what’s going to happen,” he said.

Baltimore County Police are investigating the incident, and a police spokeswoman said they’re reaching out to the cemetery to see if they want to pursue charges.

Apples to Oranges T, dont even compare the move by Modell to the sneak out in the middle of the night thievery by SBB

No, this was a sneak off on his buddies plane to sign the deal to move before most Clevelanders even had a clue it was happening. That's muuchhh more honorable.

And you can't steal what you own.

Wrong, Modell gave the City months notice he was leaving, they played a half a season in Leaveland knowing that last game would be Leavelands last game...What advanced notification did I get that the colts were leaving??? Yea waking up at 5:30 throwing on the TV and seeing Mayflower trucks pulling out of Owings Mills with MY TEAM

Yeah the Browns did finish their season after the deal to move was signed. I never said they didn't. However almost no one knew it was possible they would move until it was a signed deal. If you think that is better, can I have some of what you are smoking?

Irsay: I want a new stadium and a better concession deal.

City of Baltimore: No.

Fans of Baltimore: Memorial Stadium is fine.

Irsay: Belch

Irsay: I want a new stadium or I won't sign a long term lease.

City Of Baltimore: Let's negotiate by passing an eminent domain law that could possibly keep the team here no matter what.

Irsay: See you later - before bill is passed.

City of Baltimore: Feigned shock!

12 years later: Here's a new stadium with a favorable lease for you Mr. Model. Anything else? Naming rights? Sure! Moving costs? Sure!

Sorry, I will go back to one is a saint and one is a devil who deserves grave desecration pretending now.

• Upvote 1

Wrong, Modell gave the City months notice he was leaving, they played a half a season in Leaveland knowing that last game would be Leavelands last game...What advanced notification did I get that the colts were leaving??? Yea waking up at 5:30 throwing on the TV and seeing Mayflower trucks pulling out of Owings Mills with MY TEAM

Crav, I was living in CT at the time, grew up there, actually at college when the move happened. I saw the reports up there, for MONTHS prior to Irsay moving, with him, just like Model, saying he wanted a new stadium or he would move. Did he also back track, like Model and say he would not move the team? Yes, but it is exactly the same situation.

It is not YOUR team, it is a team you cheer for, pay money to watch or buy perafinalia for, but NOT YOUR team. The stadium is yours, well, until you moved to Fla. It is our tax dollars that pay for that and will never stop paying for that albatross. Owners own, players play, fans cheer, boo, what ever, but owners can do anything they want with a team, they own it just as you own your home.

You left out the part, where channel 13 interviewed him at BWI drunk as shit and asked him if he had plans on moving the team..

SBB: "Iam not moving the team"

You left out, Schaffer knew he was negotiating with mayor Hugnut of Indy, and thats when we filed Eminent domain against the Club..

Crav, I was living in CT at the time, grew up there, actually at college when the move happened. I saw the reports up there, for MONTHS prior to Irsay moving, with him, just like Model, saying he wanted a new stadium or he would move. Did he also back track, like Model and say he would not move the team? Yes, but it is exactly the same situation.

It is not YOUR team, it is a team you cheer for, pay money to watch or buy perafinalia for, but NOT YOUR team. The stadium is yours, well, until you moved to Fla. It is our tax dollars that pay for that and will never stop paying for that albatross. Owners own, players play, fans cheer, boo, what ever, but owners can do anything they want with a team, they own it just as you own your home.

T it was nothing new for us, when he swapped franchises in 73 with Rosenbloom we knew SBB didnt want to be in Baltimore, he comes in sells unitas out to the Bolts, he went on trips to New Orleans negotiating, went on trips to Tampa to try and negotiate..Hell I can still see my dads bumper sticker, "Dont Tampa with our Colts"

I have ill feelings towards the Rosenblooms as I do the idiot SBB

I understand Crav, but my point remains the same- Model did the exact same thing. He wasted money, then cried to the city of Cleveland for help, got none and started the; "I will move", crap. He negotiated with LA, with Arizona, St Louis, and Baltimore, whom, everyone knew 1) had the best deal for ANY team to move 2) was desperate.

We, the fans, paid the price for the move, and everything that went into it, even fans like you, who hated teams moving, but swallowed hard and welcomed the Browns then chided Browns fans for "crying about stealing a team".... Hypocritical, quite.

Municipal Stadium was a dump, it was built in the 1930's, Memorial stadium was built in 1953, irsay did his bitching when the stadium was only 25 years old!!!!

Modell had a legitimate gripe, locker rooms leaked, crumbling cement..

Camden Yards is going on 25 years old, dont hear any moaning about a new stadium from Angelos

Im going to need Old82's input on this one, I think it was 75, when SBB fired Joe Thomas and Marchabroda the week before the season started, and then the players refused to play...

It was no picnic in Baltimore when SBB owned the team, thats why I dont understand the owners and rozelle approving the swap of franchises..

Municipal Stadium was a dump, it was built in the 1930's, Memorial stadium was built in 1953, irsay did his bitching when the stadium was only 25 years old!!!!

Modell had a legitimate gripe, locker rooms leaked, crumbling cement..

Camden Yards is going on 25 years old, dont hear any moaning about a new stadium from Angelos

1) Because today's stadiums are built much better and, much bigger. The old stadium was horrible, small, had no infrastructure to accomodate up grades.

CY and Ravens stadium have both been through mulitple upgrades over the years, including almost being completely re-done on the inside; new seats, more seating areas etc.

Irsay wanted a new stadium so it could hold more fans and allow for upgrades.

You are pissing in the wind my friend.

We put 71.000 in Memorial week after week!!!!!, before he ruined the franchise, I wish there was a timeline of the irsay fuck ups starting from the day he took over to the elway fiasco that became our final nail.

Nobodys pissing in the wind, stadiums back then were built a hell of a lot better then they are now, my company supplied the b;lock to build CY and the ATM, Im just glad my home in PA was built with block out of york Pa and not cockeysville md.

Im going to need Old82's input on this one, I think it was 75, when SBB fired Joe Thomas and Marchabroda the week before the season started, and then the players refused to play...

It was no picnic in Baltimore when SBB owned the team, thats why I dont understand the owners and rozelle approving the swap of franchises..

Crav, it was a year later just before the '76 season. The Colts had done real well the year before but Thomas and Marchibroda were in a power struggle. Marchibroda resigned, the players refused to play and the fans couldn't believe they lost the coach who had led them out of the wilderness. Finally, with time running out before the season started, Irsay re-hired Marchibroda and apparently gave him more power over the team. Thomas left after the '76 season was over.

FWIW, Randy Lerner screwed Art and the city of Cleveland. He conspired to get rid of Art and prevent the city from offering a deal that would keep Art and the Browns in Cleveland. There are some stories out there that Randy was negotiating a deal for himself behind Art's back. He was hoping to buy the Browns from Art and had a deal in place for the new stadium but was preventing the same offer being made to Art.

It has been stated that if the offer that Randy secured for the expansion Browns had been offered to Art there is no way he would have moved the team. Randy wanted to own a team and the best way to do that was screw Art and then bring an expansion team back to Cleveland. It couldn't have worked out better for Randy either when the NFL forced Art to leave the history in Cleveland.

But Karma is a bitch. Randy sucks as a sports team owner. He also purchased Aston Villa in the EPL and since then he has sold the perennial loser Browns to a crook and he has been looking to sell Aston Villa as well (and they have become a losing team narrowly avoiding relegation the last couple of seasons).