ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How come you don't have an NHL Team?

supaflysteeler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:O, it's hard enough having to watch Ovechkins ugly face all over my HD T.V. its horrible.

It would be cool for you guys to get one but yea i guess.

speakin of ovie's ugly tonight on espn they highlighted his new haircut, his goal and his momma' stone face on camera, they said "she's responsible, she gave him that hair cut" no lie, funny as hell. But baltimore's minor league teams skipjacks, bandits, whatever had some support but the real issue is that damn disgrace of an arena, the Bullets left to be the eventual wizards, and nowadays NBA/NHL are tied in together for facilities so B'More can't have one without the other. I PROMISE, RIGHT HERE AND NOW, IF BALTIMORE BUILDS THE 2-SPORT FACILITY, I WILL COME (at least for the hockey if not) FOR THE NBA!!!! I love hockey... BTW Pens rule, Crosby's bitch-ass aside sike

ps BMore is a basketball city, not much hope for hockey...:(

The arena is definitely a problem but I think fan support is a bigger problem. Local media coverage as well, at least when I still watched local news they rarely mentioned any sport besides football, baseball, or basketball no matter what other team Baltimore had playing.

The only positive sign I see is that when I go to Caps games I park at the closest (to Baltimore) metro stop and both coming and going I see plenty of people coming from the Baltimore area. So there are some fans. Also at one point NHL Center Ice released some subscription numbers and I was suprised how many there were in this area.

Im 24 years old, ive lived here my whole life, and I do not know the basic rules, positions, penalties or any of that. And I could care less. Hockey is Gay.

LOFL hockey may have its share of evidenced frustration from latent homosexuality (as with any sport), but it is certainly NOT gay; it is probably the "manliest" sport out there, save rugby or bull-riding. Learn the rules, go to a few games, listen to the way the players ritually conduct themselves during interviews with humility and respect for the brotherhood and tradition of the sport with the oldest and most sought after championship trophy in all of sports. None of the self-aggrandizing, whiney bitch-talk of those in the NBA, NFL, MLB, even FIFA.... Now as far as some of those OTHER major sports being "gay".... Well, the truth "will out".

Im 24 years old, ive lived here my whole life, and I do not know the basic rules, positions, penalties or any of that. And I could care less. Hockey is Gay.

So in other words you are ignorant of the sport, put down what you admittedly dont know about, and seemingly are proud of that. Grow up, there are plenty of things I dont like that I know others do that I can respect instead of childishly mocking.

I for one are really glad you took the time to create that post here, you really brought something to the topic.

So in other words you are ignorant of the sport, put down what you admittedly dont know about, and seemingly are proud of that. Grow up, there are plenty of things I dont like that I know others do that I can respect instead of childishly mocking.

I for one are really glad you took the time to create that post here, you really brought something to the topic.

I was making a funny statement. Millz got a chuckle. In fact I did bring something to the thread because my attitude toward hockey is similar to many people I know in my age group who grew up here their whole lives without a team and thus could care less about it. Kids in Pittsburg where the OP is from probably dont feel that way and would throw a fit if they lost their hockey team.

I was making a funny statement. Millz got a chuckle. In fact I did bring something to the thread because my attitude toward hockey is similar to many people I know in my age group who grew up here their whole lives without a team and thus could care less about it. Kids in Pittsburg where the OP is from probably dont feel that way and would throw a fit if they lost their hockey team.

Sorry, its hard to tell tone from a message board post. How about a tongue kiss to make up?

I don't really agree with that at all. Since Alex had his incredible season, a lot of people have picked up hockey, especially those in their 20s.

It's a hard hitting, fast paced game (at least when the Caps are concerned), and there's no reason not to be excited about it.

By the way, Spen, I expect your defense whenever someone's trashing one of our NASCAR threads, too. :D

By the way, Spen, I expect your defense whenever someone's trashing one of our NASCAR threads, too. :D

LOL, I will if I read the thread. I dont follow NASCAR so its rare that I read a thread about it.

I try to avoid using internet manners and whenever their is a thread about something I dont like logging in to post "(blank) is stupid."

LMAO!!!!!

Its Lacrosse on Ice..

It is barbaric though..

To some it is. To me that changes depending on who is playing. I like football better but to me that is more barbaric than hockey.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't understand the rules either

I mean I played a hockey game demo before and I kept getting icing and offsides the entire game.