ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 1 vs Cincinnati Bengals

deeshopper

I think he can still play in the slot and/or as a Nickel Corner, and if Webb is healthy that's all we need, a veteran who won't get burned.

Webb plays the nickel in the first place, and playing there is the absolute LAST place someone like Bailey (who doesn't have a fraction of the hip speed or foot movement he used to) should be playing.

Not the way I expected it to happen, but pretty much the outcome I expected. They'll be better with Webb back and Rice as Flacco's outlet (since he doesn't like throwing the ball away).

He threw it away plenty, just because a quarterback doesn't throw the ball out of bounds does not mean he is simply off target on some throws. The biggest misconception many fans have about quarterbacks, not you and not just Joe.

35 of 62 with 8 drops and receivers falling down or not reading coverages correctly, leaves a quarterback in a pickle. 62 passes it is a wonder more of them were not picked off.... The fact that there was hardly any seperation at all, watch some other games see the seperation other receivers get, it might open some eyes as to the junk we have here in Baltimore. They don't sell routes properly, so defenders can read what they are going to run very easily.

And No Papa, or any other, I am not making excuses or having a pity party for Joe, just speaking facts as they were/are here....

He threw it away plenty, just because a quarterback doesn't throw the ball out of bounds does not mean he is simply off target on some throws. The biggest misconception many fans have about quarterbacks, not you and not just Joe.

35 of 62 with 8 drops and receivers falling down or not reading coverages correctly, leaves a quarterback in a pickle. 62 passes it is a wonder more of them were not picked off.... The fact that there was hardly any seperation at all, watch some other games see the seperation other receivers get, it might open some eyes as to the junk we have here in Baltimore. They don't sell routes properly, so defenders can read what they are going to run very easily.

And No Papa, or any other, I am not making excuses or having a pity party for Joe, just speaking facts as they were/are here....

I recognize that he threw it away plenty. I'm not comparing numbers, I'm comparing situations. Rewatch that play before halftime and tell me that Joe didn't go back to his rookie-year habit of trying to hold onto the ball too long. He is neither quick enough nor strong enough to be running around like that, and he went back to it today. Was it designed? I assume that it was probably more from his lack of awareness as to what was going on...while I don't argue that the receivers were an atrocity today and given their ineptitude vs press coverage made his life difficult, the first two drives were solid examples of receivers being open and him not recognizing it due to the new scheme or whatever.

We can scream until we're blue in the face about the receivers and I'll scream right along with you about them, but Flacco is the reason we lost today.

That was Flacco's misread. Pitta was right to sit where he was.

It was all on Pita. He should not have stoped. If he keeps running completion and TD. I was there. He had open field in front of him...you keep running your route

I recognize that he threw it away plenty. I'm not comparing numbers, I'm comparing situations. Rewatch that play before halftime and tell me that Joe didn't go back to his rookie-year habit of trying to hold onto the ball too long. He is neither quick enough nor strong enough to be running around like that, and he went back to it today. Was it designed? I assume that it was probably more from his lack of awareness as to what was going on...while I don't argue that the receivers were an atrocity today and given their ineptitude vs press coverage made his life difficult, the first two drives were solid examples of receivers being open and him not recognizing it due to the new scheme or whatever.

We can scream until we're blue in the face about the receivers and I'll scream right along with you about them, but Flacco is the reason we lost today.

I agree.

Joe was lost. His head was not in the game until it was too late.

As I said, Joe did not play his bst game, but to place all the blame on him is not right. There were blunders from every aspect of the team, this was a perfect example of a team loss.

From special teams blunders that include a recovered fumble, but cost the team field position, poor blocking on special teams that lead to no returns of worth, save for one long one. The offense, in the first half, routinely started inside their own 20, twice inside their own 10 I believe.

We've talked about the receivers so we can leave that there, except of course for the Jones drop that would have changed the game entirely in the first half. Runningbacks, mostly Pierce, not running properly, there were holes and his fumble did not help at all.....

The offensive line did a fine job today, better in the 2nd half than the first, but they too missed several blitzes/stunts that lead to issues and clogged lanes in the first half. A caveat for them, having 62 pass plays called did not make their job easy.

Even Tucker missed a field goal, long yes, but well with in his range, espcially this time of year. Koch had a few punts not go very far,

The defense, where shall we start? With I think a record for most missed tackles, how many 3rd down conversions did they allow? Screens did they fall for, that resulted in big gains? Very little pressure on Dalton, shall we talk about the secondary? Jimmy Smith played the best game of his career, it helped Dalton did not throw his way very much. The linebackers were making tackles 8 yards down field... Other than that, the defensive line did play well in spurts, Dino Nuggets really played well (Tyson)....

Coaching, the play calling was terrible both on offense & defense. This game was "close" only because the Bengals played a form of prevent the entire second half, making the Ravens drive the field with short passes. Fortunate that there was a break down on the Flacco scramble, throw to Smith Sr.

So as you can see, if you chose, yes, Joe could have played better, but when you have to continue to throw into tight windows, when receivers are not running proper routes, when they are dropping passes ( the average last year in the NFL per game was 1.97%.) it causes quarterbacks to press too hard, to not trust a receiver, to lose focuss. Joe has done quite a few 2:00 minute drills, and been very, very succesful, what happened at the half was an abirition, not the norm.

I am sorry, anyone who thinks the loss is all on Joe Flacco is a bit mistaken.

excuse me? I admit when I am wrong, do you? IN all the years we have been posting on various boards together, I can honestly say I have never seen you admit when you are wrong..... :sing:

One I was not even talking to you. Two I do quite often. Coming to mind is when I said to sign Manny long term and now I think they were right to wait. So it just shows that you pick and choose what you want to read.

One I was not even talking to you. Two I do quite often. Coming to mind is when I said to sign Manny long term and now I think they were right to wait. So it just shows that you pick and choose what you want to read.

Since you failed to state who you were responding to, you could have been talking to anyone. Who is Manny?

2) Brady, Tom, completed only 51% to Flacco's 56%, is Brady to blame for the Pats losing to the Phins?

Manny plays the position 2nd base for the O's. As for Brady I didn't see the game so I have no idea what happened there.

Manny plays the position 2nd base for the O's. As for Brady I didn't see the game so I have no idea what happened there.

Oh really, i swore Manny played 3rd