ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

All these receivers

52isUnstoppable

Boy have the ravens changed from the Travis Taylor Mark Clayton days....

It seems to me the Ravens have a lot of legit receivers this season. Guys who can run routes, catch, move the chains and make a huge difference. Who makes this roster and who goes to the practice squad?

The four guys who make the cut come to mind easily but after that it gets blurry.

T Smith - lock

S smith - lock

Brown - lock

Jones - lock

Akem - having a great camp and game last night

Campenero - Special teams returns and draft pick

Deonte Thompson - always shows potential and has size and speed

Butler - having a good camp and game last night

Laquan - local, shown flashes last year.

Is Mallette still on the team? Such a deep reciever corps. I think they might hide one on the injured reserve list. Thompson is a speed guy and on a team with 2 solid speed guys ahead of him makes him expendable. Oz spent 2 draft picks on Campanero I don't see cutting him...maybe IR'd.

I agree that Campenero is essentially guaranteed a spot based upon the draft picks and his versatility on in the return game.

Speaking of return game I know Asa Jackson and Campenero tooks snaps there last night, but that was just for practice/backup right? Jacoby is the only guy I want back there. I'd be happy to see Jacoby be strictly a 4th WR / return man and have Brown slide into the 3rd receiver spot.

I think Campanero is a lock given we traded a draft pick for him and he has a skill set that we don't have. I see the final spot coming down to Aiken or Butler. Aiken is not practice squad eligible. Whoever can play special teams between these two guys could be a deciding factor. I'm not sure if Butler would make it to the practice squad without getting snatched by another tram. I could see Campanero or Butler go on the IR with a mystery injury.

I understand that but why was Asa taking all the returns from the start. If Jones is the starter I didn't see him get any reps there last night. Maybe they dont want to risk him in preseason.

I'm sure he's getting them in practice. We all know what he can do, I guess they don't want to expose him to injury at least till the 3rd-4th preseason game.

I understand that but why was Asa taking all the returns from the start. If Jones is the starter I didn't see him get any reps there last night. Maybe they dont want to risk him in preseason.

I'm sure he's getting them in practice. We all know what he can do, I guess they don't want to expose him to injury at least till the 3rd-4th preseason game.

Exactly. Plus see what the alternates can do in a game situation.

Just keep the playmakers.

Release the projects and potential guys.

Thompson and Williams had their chance.

I agree. And if there are any aging veterans who play O-line out there after the cuts by other teams, I'd like us to consider them. Shipley, Gradkowski, and Jah Reid could all be replaced for depth.

cravn it's a team sport

personal accolades do not mean shit to me

butt

ben helping to win 2 super bowls

you know 2

the total number of which your teams has over a long span

MEANS MORE!!!!

we'll show you what a REAL receiving and quarterback is come the 2nd week

In Carolina, Steve Smith told Aqib Talib to "ice up, son." In Baltimore, he's telling Joe Flacco, "iced coffee, son." Buried at the bottom of Peter King's latest MMQB column is an interesting nugget about how Smith and Flacco are developing chemistry in training camp. Take it away, Peter ... They wager $25 Starbucks cards when they disagree on on-field reads they have made. Case in point: Smith and Flacco viewed one adjusted Smith route differently, causing an errant throw; Smith said he was reading a Cover-2 alignment by the defense. Flacco said it was Cover-3. They went to the videotape. Flacco was right. They saw on video two corners covering the deep third of either side of the field, with the free safety dropping to cover the deep middle. Thus far, King says, Flacco is up, two cards to one, with Smith paying up the next day. Is it unconventional? Sure. But Smith -- who enters the season locked in as the Ravens' No. 2 wideout --