ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Tony Stewart hits driver

ForceEight

There is more and more evidence that suggests the kid was at fault, e.g. suggestion that he might have been grabbing at Stewart's wing as he went by, etc. I don't think there will ever be evidence that Stewart is at fault, like Papa said, beyond a reasonable doubt.

I do think there will be a civil suit, and I think he'll quickly settle and pay out whatever they want, too, because he has a conscience and everything those around him have hinted at is that this is destroying him inside.

Accidents and things like that happen. The assessment of his reputation shouldn't be coming from the family of an injured or killed driver, though.

He is an emotional, over-the-top jerk. There's no doubt about that. But he's also an extremely nice and caring guy (you can ask a multitude of other drivers and members of the NASCAR circuit) in a world where there aren't too many of those.

That being said, I don't think that his reputation bears evidence to the situation.

Tony HAD a reputation of being a bad boy, but so what? the most feared NASCAR driver to sit behind the wheel did too, and he was respected by all. It all changed when Smoke became an owner..Someone needs to tell the kids father to shut the fuck up.

And when Smoke is cleared of any wrong doing, and the kids parents turn around and try to sue for wrongful death I hope Smoke fights it..Caus if they sue to me it means they had a different agenda then their Son's best interest.

Crav... would you be saying the same about the reputation of a football player you didn't care for?

"James Harrison HAD a nasty reputation for being a thug and not caring on the field... but that all changed and this was a different guy."

While sure he may have changed, most people don't just magically lose their 'hothead' tempers. That's all that is really being discussed here.

And Im telling you, 15 years ago Tony was a hothead, up and coming, didnt care who he wrecked driver, and since he is now an owner of multiple race cars, he has done a 180 with his attitude..

He is not the feared driver as he once was, and he is not hotheaded anymore...

This incident will probably ruin him, I just read he is seclusion, I think he is done with Nascar as a driver.

Crav... would you be saying the same about the reputation of a football player you didn't care for?

"James Harrison HAD a nasty reputation for being a thug and not caring on the field... but that all changed and this was a different guy."

While sure he may have changed, most people don't just magically lose their 'hothead' tempers. That's all that is really being discussed here.

As much as I hate to agree with Crav :bleh: , he's right. Upon leaving Gibbs and becoming a team owner, Stewart necessarily calmed down and took a more professional approach to things. His "hotheadedness" also never really came into physical fruition as some have suggested, and certainly not compared to a lot of other drivers (see: Harvick, Newman, Busch). He was the inappropriate snide remark sort of fellow.

That being said, I've heard the same things about him going into seclusion, which is really what I had expected after hearing his initial reactions to the accident. It's really sad, and I feel badly for the guy. I think that if he's coming back at all this season, it'll be next week at Atlanta (Bass Pro is headquartered there). If he doesn't race there, he won't be back in a car until Daytona, if at all.

• 1 month later...