ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Tyrod

Geronimo

After watching our first preseason game , i'm still wondering why we don't use Tyrod more, why doesn't he have a package where his talent is used to benefit our offense. Just because Flacco may not like it , doesn't mean you don't do it. His talent is obvious, he has the legs of a young Vick and a cannon of an arm. By no means am i saying he should be our starter, so you Flacco Fan Boys don't get your panties in a bunch, but use him. I hate it when talent is not used and is just standing on our sideline, like Juice from last year. Tyrod coming in here and there adds to the offense.

Well then you have him do other things, thats what Kubiak is for, have some creativity, Tyrod can throw a football, it just doesn't have to be gadget plays. putting him in a box , thats what the problem is, Think out of the box.

Why does everyone think this is Tyrod's last year? just because his contract is up doesn't mean he's going somewhere else. i don't bolieve any other team is going to offer him a legitimate chance to start, or any real money. Unless he just wants to get out of Bmore and play behind someone he thinks is more likely to get hurt.

I don't think Tyrod is the answer for backup qb---at least not for us. In game situations he often looks to bail out and run the ball himself rather than wait a bit for a receiver to get open. I've never felt comfortable with him.

He might have more of a chance with another team and a different system.

They made him stay in the pocket at yesterdays practice and he had a bad day. He's not accurate, has trouble reading the field and defenses, so it's fight or flight time and he runs.

He is not NFL starting material.

his stats in the preseason game was pretty good with an awful line in front of him, , most of the time we've seen Tyrod is when he has an awful line in front of him so he uses his legs. you Flacco Fan Boys are famous for using that as an excuse for Flacco, but not one of you has noticed that with Tyrod. So flacco has an awful line in front of him and it's the O-lines fault. tyrod has an awful line in front of him and now it's bad decisions, how many bad decisions did flacco make last year with an awful line, how accurate was flacco last year with an awful line, when Flacco is slow to react it's because the WR's can't get separation. Flacco Fan Boys judge every QB with a fine tooth comb except Flacco.

They made him stay in the pocket at yesterdays practice and he had a bad day. He's not accurate, has trouble reading the field and defenses, so it's fight or flight time and he runs.

He is not NFL starting material.

never said he should start , but he should be used more than he's being used. If Flacco is on the field and stands there with his hands in his pockets that says more about Flacco than anything else i've ever seen from him.

I don't think Tyrod is the answer for backup qb---at least not for us. In game situations he often looks to bail out and run the ball himself rather than wait a bit for a receiver to get open. I've never felt comfortable with him.

He might have more of a chance with another team and a different system.

This is a good system for him, Cams system might not have been but Kubiaks system seems to fit FFB.

so you think kubiak runs a true wco? well i don't , but the fact that alot of the time the qb is moved around so that theres space around him fits Tyrod ( a moving pocket) . Really would like to see Tyrod out there with the 1's to get a better feel for him but that alone makes me think this a a good fit for him. But you FFB are getting me twisted , i'm not saying that Tyrod should start or run a whole series, but bring him in here and there.

Can we stop this?

cs_287.jpg I know...dumb question.

in 13 snaps Tyrod was 1 for 5 for 2 yards and an interception last year.

He ran. 8 times for 64 yards. He panics and runs. This is a deceiving 8 ypc because one of the runs was for 25 yards. Take that run out and he's a respectable 5 ypc guy.

Guess what? Joe was 4.9 ypc on 27 carries.

So you gain nothing by playing Tyrod.

Give Tyrod a moving pocket and he will run. What's the sense in the receivers running a route?

He doesn't stink. He's a competitor and very athletic. He doesn't bitch and moan. He knows his role.I like him but not with the game on the line, which it generally is until the final gun.

• Upvote 1

Didnt Tyrod play 90% of a game 2 years ago, I think we had the playoff seed locked up and rested some starters..We lost at the bengals, he might be an option for a few trick plays here and there, but for him to have his style for an entire game...It only takes a quarter for a team to adjust their play to neutralize Tyrods play.

How many trick plays did this year's Super Bowl teams roll out? He's a backup...the fact that the coaches are telling him to stay in the pocket and make throws is very telling of how they view him as a pocket passer. Stop running and make plays with your arms, not your legs....

• Upvote 1

so you think kubiak runs a true wco? well i don't , but the fact that alot of the time the qb is moved around so that theres space around him fits Tyrod ( a moving pocket) . Really would like to see Tyrod out there with the 1's to get a better feel for him but that alone makes me think this a a good fit for him. But you FFB are getting me twisted , i'm not saying that Tyrod should start or run a whole series, but bring him in here and there.

It is a form of the WC. In that the WC needs a smart QB to run it then I wonder why TT would be able run it?

Trade him for maybe a 6th round pick. We have our star

Funny joke.