ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Tyrod

Geronimo

One more time.

i'm saying neither really Tornado, you could put him in there maybe a couple of plays here and there, you could put him in just to hand the ball off, but the threat of him could make the defense uneasy, you could have a package for Tyrod that you use sparingly throughout the season not even every game but have the package in case you run up against some teams that look like you might could have some success using his package against them once you break a teams defensive film down. i like how most people are turning this into something i'm not even saying. Never said Tyrod should be the starter, but there could be a niche for him in this offense, just hate to see talent not being used.

How many trick plays did this year's Super Bowl teams roll out? He's a backup...the fact that the coaches are telling him to stay in the pocket and make throws is very telling of how they view him as a pocket passer. Stop running and make plays with your arms, not your legs....

I know he's a backup, never said he was a starter, and just as long as a play is being made, why does it matter if it's with his legs or his arm. Long term yes he has to make some throws, i saw him make some throws in the first preseason game, but if he's in the game for a few plays a game, it really doesn't matter if he runs for a first down or throws for it, just as long as a positive play is being made. Once again Flacco Fan Boy, i'm not at all suggesting that Tyrod replace Flacco as our starter.

You're putting him in as a gimic...an easily defended gimic...that's what I'm saying. Not one mention of Flacco.

you can call what i'm saying what you want, if you choose to call it a "gimmick" as to put some negative connotation to it then so be it. So what's the "gimmick" thats so easily defended?

Didnt Tyrod play 90% of a game 2 years ago, I think we had the playoff seed locked up and rested some starters..We lost at the bengals, he might be an option for a few trick plays here and there, but for him to have his style for an entire game...It only takes a quarter for a team to adjust their play to neutralize Tyrods play.

Didn't we lose to the Bengals last year when we needed to win to make the playoffs? Flacco was the QB then so what's your point. And thats all i'm saying, put him in for a few plays a game, and they don't necessarily have to be "trick" plays. I like how you Flacco Fan Boys use words like "trick"plays "gimmick"plays to try and put some negativity around anything that Tyrod may accomplish on the field. If tyrod comes in and hands the ball off is that a "trick" or a "gimmick"? If he comes and and does a play action pass is that a "trick" or a "gimmick"? Tyrod should have a package that should be in play every week, whether it's used or not is a different question but the threat of using a "Tyrod package" should always be in our opponents mind.

Didn't we lose to the Bengals last year when we needed to win to make the playoffs? Flacco was the QB then so what's your point. And thats all i'm saying, put him in for a few plays a game, and they don't necessarily have to be "trick" plays. I like how you Flacco Fan Boys use words like "trick"plays "gimmick"plays to try and put some negativity around anything that Tyrod may accomplish on the field. If tyrod comes in and hands the ball off is that a "trick" or a "gimmick"? If he comes and and does a play action pass is that a "trick" or a "gimmick"? Tyrod should have a package that should be in play every week, whether it's used or not is a different question but the threat of using a "Tyrod package" should always be in our opponents mind.

If tyrod could be successful as a pocket qb don't you think would of traded him? He's making big bucks for a back up

All said, it makes you wonder when Ozzie and Co secure a legit backup. We have been walking a very fine, fragile line for 3 + years.

If we lose Flacco for any period of time, we own the bottom of the AFCN and become the next Cleveland Browns.

I don't know about that one. They won a SB with 2 junk QBs

There’s another potential outcome if the Texans part ways with backup Case Keenum.

“If the Texans opt to trade or cut Case Keenum, and keep just two quarterbacks on their roster, I can't imagine the Ravens wouldn't inquire,” La Canfora wrote.

“It's been up and down for Ravens back-up Tyrod Taylor, while Keenum already knows this system inside out from his time with Baltimore Offensive Coordinator Gary Kubiak in Houston. The Texans got a linebacker from Atlanta for backup TJ Yates; Keenum would be valued higher than that.”

Taylor continues to have uneven performances in camp, according to reports. He did deliver a couple long touchdown passes wide receivers Michael Campanaro, Marlon Brown and Jace Davis.

In team drills over the weekend, Taylor didn’t take off running with the ball, and instead stood in the pocket. It’s rare to see that from the athletic and speedy quarterback, which makes The Sun’s Jon Meoli think that was a specific plan.

“After he ran the ball five times and was sacked three times Thursday, quarterback Tyrod Taylor appeared to be under clear instructions not to tuck the ball and run Saturday,” Meoli wrote. “He didn’t have much success through the air, though. A few big plays aside, Taylor tended to speed through his reads and settle on his checkdown receiver, who typically was covered.”http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-811-Never-Seen-Anything-Like-It/03295ea9-c426-4b0d-bd4a-77973d0d0839

8d395b43fbbf8b52e6b2ffd7720eaf76.jpg

i'm saying neither really Tornado, you could put him in there maybe a couple of plays here and there, you could put him in just to hand the ball off, but the threat of him could make the defense uneasy, you could have a package for Tyrod that you use sparingly throughout the season not even every game but have the package in case you run up against some teams that look like you might could have some success using his package against them once you break a teams defensive film down. i like how most people are turning this into something i'm not even saying. Never said Tyrod should be the starter, but there could be a niche for him in this offense, just hate to see talent not being used.

I agree with you 100%. TT does have some assets- running with the football in open field. Maybe Kubiak has some plans for him that we don't know about.

Last night, with a crappy O line, Tyrod looked like he could start for 2-3 teams in the NFL....the ones with real crappy QB's.

The Ravens have to make plans to find the next back up for Joe because Tyrod deserves a shot to start somewhere.