ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

PS3

cokedupwerewolf

Just looking for a bit of friendly recommendations.

I Already have... Uncharted 2, Oblivion, MGS4, Dragon Age and Dead Space, CoD: Modern Warfare and Resistance 2.

I'd recommend all of these with 2 thumbs up (and a million stars for Uncharted 2, and CoD: MW and MGS4), except maybe Dragon Age (Oblivion is pretty close to the same thing, but does everything better), Dragon Age isn't bad it just for some reason had a tough time keeping my attention and I've yet to play Dead Space.

If anyone has any suggestion that be awesome, I'm pretty much open to any kind of game. You can leave off CoD: MW2, I'm just waiting for the price to drop on that.

Thanks.

I too thought Uncharted 2 was great, perhaps one of the best single player games I have ever played. I am glad you like Oblivion, I bought it cheap but have yet to play it. I really liked Dead Space.

Infamous is a game that I really liked. Both PS3 Ratchet and Clanks have been fun.

I liked Assassins Creed and hear better things about the sequel (the first just got a bit repetitive). Fallout 3 was fun and I have heard that compared to Oblivion. Resident Evil 5 started slow but I liked it by the finish. If you like first person shooters I enjoyed Battlefield:Bad Company, it was both fun and funny.

A old game I really liked was Heavenly Sword, its really old and when I bought it I think I paid 14.99. The only draw back is that it is really short, maybe 10 hours or so.

What about Grand Theft Auto 4. Sounds like an obvious suggestion but I don't see it on your lists. Batman Arkham Asylum is another one that is supposed to be great but I haven't popped it open yet.

I'll have to pick up Uncharted 2 now if it's as good as you guys say it is.

I disagree with you on Dragon Age and Oblivion. I loved Dragon Age a lot better, I thought the storyline in Dragon Age was epic. The storyline in Oblivion is pretty diluted in my opinion. I guess it comes down to how open ended you like your games. Oblivion is obviously a lot more open ended than Dragon Age, but I prefer more linear games with solid storylines.

BTW, MW2 is $45 on Amazon.com right now. That is probably the lowest price you will get it at.

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Playstation-3/dp/B00269QLH4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1264427125&sr=8-1

Not to hijack the thread, but would you say MGS4 is worth buying PS3? I've played all the other MGS but it seems like now there's only one or two per system.

Is that all you would play? I thought it was really good, but I wouldnt buy any system for just one game.

Is that all you would play? I thought it was really good, but I wouldnt buy any system for just one game.

Yeah, for the most part. And that's the problem. If there are similiar games, I would be interested. It's just that most of the other shoot 'em up games, I don't really like the views they give you. I like the combination that MGS gives you. I like being able to see the character, as opposed to seeing myself "holding" the gun, ya know? And, you have to remember that I'm a girl. So I don't want anything too extreme. Not sure what else I would like though. The neck breaking vibrations on PS2's controller still gives me the creeps. LOL.

Yeah, for the most part. And that's the problem. If there are similiar games, I would be interested. It's just that most of the other shoot 'em up games, I don't really like the views they give you. I like the combination that MGS gives you. I like being able to see the character, as opposed to seeing myself "holding" the gun, ya know? And, you have to remember that I'm a girl. So I don't want anything too extreme. Not sure what else I would like though. The neck breaking vibrations on PS2's controller still gives me the creeps. LOL.

I understand about the view. If you can just see your arm or gun its usually called 1st person, if you can see your entire character its a 3rd person game. If done well I dont mind which perspective a game is, however a lot of 1st person games tend to be confusing with their views at times.

You may like the Uncharted games, they are 3rd person. They are kind of similar in tone and story to Indiana Jones movies, so while they are violent its not over the top or gory. Some levels are puzzle type levels, others are more action.

MGS4 was great, but they have to do something about the cut scenes in the next one, whenever that would be. Some of these were 25-30 minutes long, thats a long time to be sitting there watching.

Yeah, MGS cut scenes keep getting more and more ridiculous in length. I liked it at first with MGS1, but then as you progress, it is the same message over and over. Ugh. I bought a used Wii this past weekend and it came with one shoot 'em up game. Can't remember the name right now though.

Played 'Infamous' in Best Buy for 10 minutes the other day.

Wow. That sounds like a 15 year old. I don't even own PS3... or any console right now. My parents have a Wii and both my brothers have Xbox360... I guess I told myself I was researching the system when I did it. Though, I have a feeling I won't be anywhere near buying one anytime soon.

Regardless... had heard good things about Infamous and wanted it for PC, played it at Best Buy... has gotten killer reviews and I enjoyed my few minutes.

Also, I loved the original Assassin's Creed and the 2nd is only supposed to be better... not sure if they are PS3 titles though.

Played 'Infamous' in Best Buy for 10 minutes the other day.

Wow. That sounds like a 15 year old. I don't even own PS3... or any console right now. My parents have a Wii and both my brothers have Xbox360... I guess I told myself I was researching the system when I did it. Though, I have a feeling I won't be anywhere near buying one anytime soon.

Regardless... had heard good things about Infamous and wanted it for PC, played it at Best Buy... has gotten killer reviews and I enjoyed my few minutes.

Also, I loved the original Assassin's Creed and the 2nd is only supposed to be better... not sure if they are PS3 titles though.

Assasin's Creed is an incredible game. Definitly great, but once you beat it it has 0 replay value. It has the making of a great storyline, but you will not understand what the hell is happening unless you play the first. And a spoiler alert! There will be a 3rd, and the set up at the end makes it seem like the 3rd will be the best out of the trilogy.

Not to hijack the thread, but would you say MGS4 is worth buying PS3? I've played all the other MGS but it seems like now there's only one or two per system.

It's awesome and it certainly is needed to keep the epic story going, would it be worth the $300 for just that, ehhh maybe if you don't have a Blu-Ray Player it be worth it, PS3 is really a blu-ray playing computer.

I feel like you could certainly find other games to play, if you like RPGs FF13 is coming out soon, as is God of War 3, if I didn't own PS3 I would 100% buy it just or those 3 games, and both Uncharted games have been a pleasant surprise.

I've been Super Happy with the purchase, and will be even more so when I buy a new HDMI TV and start using the system for Blu-Ray...

• 2 weeks later...

In the middle of Batman now and it's even better than I expected. Definitely one to put on your list if you haven't already.

For some reason I've really wanted to stay away from that game, and still sort of don't want it, but honestly i dont have any good reason for the feelings. I've been told by sooo many people how awesome it is though, I'll prob wait til the price drops, as March rolls around ive got 3 games I'll be buying that will hopefully carry my into spring.

Same here, Coked. I keep thinking about getting a new game for my comp... and as much as I like shooters, I'm just not in the mood for one (there's something better about COD on a console than on a comp). And every time I turn around, I hear that Batman is amazing. But I just can't buy it.

I think I keep associating it in my head with those old 2D ninja turtle and super hero games... but I know that's now what it is.

After finding out it was made by Bethesda, which made Oblivion, and I believe is the same team as Dark Isle (or is it Black) that made Baldurs Gate 2, my fav comp game of all time I will be buying it tomorrow!

Ironic that you mention that now, because I just finally got around to replaying it last week. haha

I sincerely think you'll love it.

Same here, Coked. I keep thinking about getting a new game for my comp... and as much as I like shooters, I'm just not in the mood for one (there's something better about COD on a console than on a comp). And every time I turn around, I hear that Batman is amazing. But I just can't buy it.

I think I keep associating it in my head with those old 2D ninja turtle and super hero games... but I know that's now what it is.

I think my feelings may stem from the same as yours, except Turtles in Time for SNES was amazing esp with 2 players!