ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

PS3

cokedupwerewolf

Ironic that you mention that now, because I just finally got around to replaying it last week. haha

I sincerely think you'll love it.

I think so too, my fav part about Oblivion is I can stop playing it play something else then pick it right back up and never feel like i lost anything. Anytime I get bored or stuck in a game I pop Oblivion in.

I think so too, my fav part about Oblivion is I can stop playing it play something else then pick it right back up and never feel like i lost anything. Anytime I get bored or stuck in a game I pop Oblivion in.

It's definitely nothing like Oblivion, so don't think about it like that. But it's made with the same quality Oblivion was, and it has that same kind of feeling, like you said.

Same here, Coked. I keep thinking about getting a new game for my comp... and as much as I like shooters, I'm just not in the mood for one (there's something better about COD on a console than on a comp). And every time I turn around, I hear that Batman is amazing. But I just can't buy it.

I think I keep associating it in my head with those old 2D ninja turtle and super hero games... but I know that's now what it is.

They put a lot into the detective aspect of Batman - you use those skills as much as you rely on fighting skills. The fighting system is great - you can take on 20 unarmed people at a time or pick off armed thugs one by one from the rafters. The boss battles are great - without giving too much away they have 5 of the big Batman villains in the game. Seriously, it's the Dark Knight of superhero games - makes Ultimate Alliance look silly (and i liked ultimate alliance).

They put a lot into the detective aspect of Batman - you use those skills as much as you rely on fighting skills. The fighting system is great - you can take on 20 unarmed people at a time or pick off armed thugs one by one from the rafters. The boss battles are great - without giving too much away they have 5 of the big Batman villains in the game. Seriously, it's the Dark Knight of superhero games - makes Ultimate Alliance look silly (and i liked ultimate alliance).

Yeah I have to agree. This game is a lot of fun, and I normally try to stay away from long gaming, but I played it 2 straight hours last night. You can set up traps by hanging people from random gargoyles, than while everybody's running towards the guy screaming, glide kick everybody and take them out quickly since they all have automatics. This game is definitly worth it. I traded my fallout 3 to a friend for it. Fall out was a game I just had too much trouble trying to get into.

Fallout did turn out to be just what I thought, exactly Oblivion only a different world setting.

Kev, I think a huge problem with FallOut 3 is people were not aware of what they were getting, I think most figured 1st person Shooter in Nuclear Holocaust setting, when in fact you are in essence getting a Dungeon & Dragons/100+ hour game, only not set in Mid-evil times.

Got Batman for my PC.

Addicted. Impressed with its depth and length to an extent too - probably close to 6 hours of play so far and only at 30% completion. That puts it close to a 20 hour play. And that is just the story mode - lots of 'extras'

Wish I was using a controller for it... keyboard gets a little awkward for some of the combos. Oh well. Another day.

Fallout did turn out to be just what I thought, exactly Oblivion only a different world setting.

Kev, I think a huge problem with FallOut 3 is people were not aware of what they were getting, I think most figured 1st person Shooter in Nuclear Holocaust setting, when in fact you are in essence getting a Dungeon & Dragons/100+ hour game, only not set in Mid-evil times.

I dont think there was much of a problem with it. It was very well received and sold tons of copies and even sold a lot of DLC. It was a major success. I bought Oblivion because of Fallout 3, so I think people knew there was a similarity.

Got Batman for my PC.

Addicted. Impressed with its depth and length to an extent too - probably close to 6 hours of play so far and only at 30% completion. That puts it close to a 20 hour play. And that is just the story mode - lots of 'extras'

Wish I was using a controller for it... keyboard gets a little awkward for some of the combos. Oh well. Another day.

Glad you like it. The Challenges and hidden Riddler trophies play into the completion percentage too, so it's not gonna be a scenario where 100% means you beat the game. I think when I beat it I was at 66%. I think 20 hours is about right though.

There is a major problem with the PS3 right now. Some people cannot play anything, others just cannot connect to the PSN network. Apparently its an internal clock error that is resetting systems to 12-31-1999! Y2K is back!

I was playing Uncharted 2 and finally beat the game on hard (the boss took me hours on hard) and found no trophies for that game at all, and all my recent saved game files gone. Hopefully that is just a temporary calender error.

Sony is advising people not to use their PS3s at all right now. PS Slims are unaffected.

I just used my PS3 and it was fine. Downloaded the joker maps for Batman and played a little bit of it. Why would it affect your save files anyway? Isn't that saved on your hard drive?

From reading more earlier today it affects the time in the PS3 so all of my save files from that time at least may be dated 12-31-99. So the auto-load must have been loading an older save file. I hope that was it. I'll check later.

It seems the problem has messed with a lot of things. When I say I saw no Uncharted 2 trophies, I didnt just mean ones I just got. The entire listing for them is gone on my trophy list.

Do you have a PS3 Slim? if so, lucky!

• 1 month later...

In the middle of Batman now and it's even better than I expected. Definitely one to put on your list if you haven't already.

This is great! I picked up a used copy a while ago but was iffy about starting it. I have played it a ton the last few days, looks great and is really fun.