ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Willis has Praise...and Class

vmax

He didn't have to say this...

“The offensive coordinator [Gary Kubiak] is from Houston and I always thought Houston had some of the best play-action in the game,” Willis said.

“They run the ball really well, especially with Ray Rice. Then you take that play-action that they do and you have receivers like Steve Smith and Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones. If you get guys biting, those guys can stretch the field.”

Willis also noticed the influence of the Ravens tight ends. Baltimore has used them all a lot, from starters Dennis Pitta and Owen Daniels to rookie Crockett Gillmore and former Texan turned Raven Phillip Supernaw.

“Their offense isn’t that complicated, but it’s really put together right,” Willis said.

Willis has played against quarterback Joe Flacco a couple of times during his career, both in the regular season in 2011 and in Super Bowl XLVII, where Flacco was named the MVP.

“He’s the 100-million dollar guy,” Willis said with a smile. “The guy has a strong arm, knows how to release the ball, is very accurate. He’s the leader of their team.”

Willis has also taken notice of wide receiver Steve Smith Sr., who had a monster practice on Saturday with a couple of long receptions. Willis played against Smith for the past seven years in the NFC when Smith was a member of the Carolina Panthers.

“Just watching him out here in practice, the guy can still move as fast as a young guy,” Willis said. “He’s still as quick as I’ve seen over the years. I think he’s really going to add some good things to their offense.”http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Patrick-Willis-Praises-Ravens-New-Offense/4d0c2976-dc33-4971-9118-8adb864d602a

• Upvote 1

Great comments by Willis and I can't wait to see that play action pass. We've already seen the 2 TEs hitting the middle in the SF game

as advertised by Kubes.

I just wish more people around Baltimore believed the same as Willis in reference to Joe being a $100M guy.

Great comments by Willis and I can't wait to see that play action pass. We've already seen the 2 TEs hitting the middle in the SF game

as advertised by Kubes.

I just wish more people around Baltimore believed the same as Willis in reference to Joe being a $100M guy.

Joe could win 8 super bowls in a row and the nay sayers would still be there, just the sad way it is..Im tickled purple at what Joe had accomplished in 6 years..

• Downvote 1

as advertised by Kubes.

Amen. :gorave: I'm on board with that.

Look around the league...the Ravens success is sick since Joe and Harbaugh got here.

Put yourself in the shoes of fans of the majority of teams. They would love to trade teams.

as for the rest...it all depends on the line. If the Ravens can run and pass protect they will have a great season.

• Downvote 1

Amen. :gorave: I'm on board with that.

Look around the league...the Ravens success is sick since Joe and Harbaugh got here.

Put yourself in the shoes of fans of the majority of teams. They would love to trade teams.

as for the rest...it all depends on the line. If the Ravens can run and pass protect they will have a great season.

Not too worried at this point about either line. The secondary, though, is downright frightening without Webb, Smith, and at least an average third CB.