ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

BYE BYE NGATA

thesteelhurtin

I didn't hit her I slapped her. I didn't shoot him I stabbed him.

I didn't wipe a boogie on you. It left my finger and got stuck on your clothes.

Now...what hurt more?

NGata's nudge or Merryweather's love tap to Smiths head?

The NFL has suspended Washington Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather for two games for an illegal hit on Ravens wide receiver Torrey Smith.

Meriweather was penalized for a personal foul for hitting a defenseless receiver in the head and neck area when he struck Smith in the second quarter Saturday night during the Ravens' 23-17 victory. Smith was unhurt on the play.

Meriweather also hit Ravens running back Bernard Pierce in the head, causing a concussion and forcing him out of the game, but it was a legal hit.

This marks Meriweather's sixth violation of unnecessary roughness rules regarding hits to defenseless players and impermissible use of the helmet.

Meriweather, if he doesn't appeal and get the suspension lifted or reduced, will lose two game checks costing him $100,588 of his $855,00 base salary.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-redskins-safety-brandon-meriweather-suspended-two-games-for-illegal-hit-on-torrey-smith-20140825,0,3843775.story#ixzz3BRvqNGQz

Edited by vmax

I'm just peeved because of Haloti refusing to be a team player and renegotiate his contract. Everybody else does.

I think Haloti sees the writing on the wall and will play his contract out. He's a big dude with years of wear and tear. I respect him.

I think they need to adjust the helmet to helmet rules some. If two points of the body connect before the helmet to helmet it should be waved off. Too many times I have seen flags thrown when let's say the players shoulder pads hit first and because of the force of the impact their helmets collide.

I think they need to adjust the helmet to helmet rules some. If two points of the body connect before the helmet to helmet it should be waved off. Too many times I have seen flags thrown when let's say the players shoulder pads hit first and because of the force of the impact their helmets collide.

That does make sense. But Merryweather has history against him. The Todd Heap hit alone should have been like a half a yr. He has intentionally tried to injure people in the past.

That does make sense. But Merryweather has history against him. The Todd Heap hit alone should have been like a half a yr. He has intentionally tried to injure people in the past.

yeah I wasn't really talking about this instance as some players will never learn and after so many times you could say the intent to injure is absolutely there

I don't like the rule at all. I get what they are trying to do with the rule but I just think there are too many instances where the flag comes out and there has been nothing the defender could have done. How many times has a defender gone to hit the chest or waist area and the receiver has lowered himself (everyone tries to make themselves smaller when receiving a hit) and the result has been a helmet to helmet. The defender is already in the act of the hit and there is absolutely no chance of changing his trajectory or velocity.

I just think the NFL has reacted to the lawsuits and is trying to do away with all contact with a receiver.

He kicked him and admitted it. I think he is lucky he Goodell didn't put some of the punishment from Rice on Ngata.

He said he nudged him, Lauvao also said he felt nothing, Sooooo im thinking it was only made a deal because of social media..So every tackle thats made this year will be under scrutiny by the viewers reaction to a tackle and wheter not they plaster it on facebook or twitter.