ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

DEONTE THOMPSON HAS MADE HIS CASE ..........

rastaman831226

He hasn't made his case for me based on all the reported drops in camp. It's no good to this offense to have a guy who can get open but can't catch.

Yes....he has looked good during his limited opportunities this pre season. He has maxed out on his opportunities.

Can he do this against #1's. He hasn't to date.

This roster cut will be very hard to decide. Maybe Thompson makes it based on special teams.

The Ravens have deep and intermediary receivers.

Campanaro looks like a chain mover. He will help the offense more.

He hasn't made his case for me based on all the reported drops in camp. It's no good to this offense to have a guy who can get open but can't catch.

Yes....he has looked good during his limited opportunities this pre season. He has maxed out on his opportunities.

Can he do this against #1's. He hasn't to date.

This roster cut will be very hard to decide. Maybe Thompson makes it based on special teams.

The Ravens have deep and intermediary receivers.

Campanaro looks like a chain mover. He will help the offense more.

If you want this to boil down to a contest between Campanero and Thompson, save your breath and stop deluding yourself. Thompson's shown up like a superstar while Campanero hasn't been a blip on the radar. The truth is Campanero hasm't elevated his game beyond playing with the 3's against 3's. Whatta mistake and a waste of 2 draft picks.

If you want this to boil down to a contest between Campanero and Thompson, save your breath and stop deluding yourself. Thompson's shown up like a superstar while Campanero hasn't been a blip on the radar. The truth is Campanero hasm't elevated his game beyond playing with the 3's against 3's. Whatta mistake and a waste of 2 draft picks.

They'll both make the 53.

Mostly because Campanero has been on this team for about three months and Thompson has been around for three years now. Smooth logic.

Sooooooo smooth logic says you cut a guy who's coming into his own and keep the guy who hasn't shown any upside? Bad gamble.

Any up side that you have seen..... BJ Sams, back a few years, got very little playing time during the pre season, most fans who never went to camp were certain he was going to be cut and likely be a practice squad candidate.

However, in practice he showed great promise as a returner, they just wanted to keep him quiet for the rest of the league, using an "aanklesprain" as a reason for him not playing.

Is that the case here with Campanero? Maybe, maybe not. Frankly I hope not, he doesn't have that great quickness, the jitters as it were, for them to use him in the slot. I agree, this move to trade picks for him has to be Biscutts call, home town guy & all.

As for Thompson, as I have said on the other thread, the one about receivers, he can only run one route, after now three years in, a 9 or go route; any other route and he is slow, obvious what he is doing. His hands, in practice, are very questionable and his lack of fighting for the ball, going up for contested passes also leaves on questioning his true ability.

His return skills are fine, but the team has a few returners on the roster and they have 3 deep threats, two for certain who can also play from the slot. So what exactly is Thompson adding that is not redundant?

Past years sure, you keep him, they had the depth at other positions, this year, not so much and you factor in the injury history of some of the starters, and we see the team will need to keep more at other positions leaving wide out as four, maybe 5, maybe.

Reading into the way Aaron listed the wide outs, perhaps in no particular order, but maybe in the proper order- Steve Smith, Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, Marlon Brown, Michael Campanaro, Deonte Thompson and Kamar Aiken.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-cut-linebacker-austin-spitler-source-says-20140825,0,3914695.story#ixzz3BQzrLzCi

Frankly, I would take Aiken over both Thompson and Camp, but then, I just sit in my recliner, not behind a desk a few miles away at the Palace.

What happened with Butler?

My guess, he is most definitely headed to the practice squad or will get the much loved/maligned mysterious injury IR....

This from Hensley when asked about the wr position. Just as I suspected though, things can/will change...

jamisonhensley: Heading into the third preseason game, I have Kamar Aiken and Michael Campanaro getting the final two spots at wide receiver. Campanaro is really battling against himself. If he proves he can stay healthy, the rookie seventh-round pick makes the team. Aiken currently has the edge over Deonte Thompson and Jeremy Butler. As far as cornerback, the Ravens are going to sit tight for now. Injured cornerbacks Jimmy Smith, Lardarius Webb and Asa Jackson should be ready for the season opener, according to the Ravens. They will look at cornerbacks who are released in the final major cutdown, which happens next Saturday

Reading into the way Aaron listed the wide outs, perhaps in no particular order, but maybe in the proper order- Steve Smith, Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, Marlon Brown, Michael Campanaro, Deonte Thompson and Kamar Aiken.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-cut-linebacker-austin-spitler-source-says-20140825,0,3914695.story#ixzz3BQzrLzCi

Frankly, I would take Aiken over both Thompson and Camp, but then, I just sit in my recliner, not behind a desk a few miles away at the Palace.

I can live with that.

He's in now, that's for sure, unless........

Does anyone think Ozzie will use him for trade bait for a CB? Teams need a WR who can be a return

guy too.

I wouldn't say for sure, but he certainly looked great last night. He played with a confidence he lacked before. Good routes, catching with his hands, running his routes crisp. This should be an interesting decision.