ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

A wide reciever in first round 2010 or 2011?

supaflysteeler

Because he's a tall 6'5 WR who Cam has scouted so naturally it makes sense to bring him here if that is what Cam wants. If he doesn't blow up (in a good way), blame Cam. Flacco needs a big target, period. Think about it, Joe is a 6'6 QB with a BEAST Arm throwing to 5'10-5'11 WRs. I never played football, but wouldn't it make it easier for Joe to throw to someone his height with a great vertical so that he does not have to focus so much on accuracy? (I'm not saying Joe shouldn't work on his accuracy) Also regarding Floyd, we shouldn't have to give up much to get Floyd, and that makes the most sense according to Ozzie n Decosta's Philosophy of not parting with the #1 pick and accordingly his contract won't cost as much as the elite's in Boldin or Marshall (I think). At the same time, I'm skeptical about him too.

If we can land Anquan Boldin with a 2nd RD Pick, then yea I'd go that route despite Boldin's injuries the past two seasons and despite the contract he will demand, but the guy does play like a Raven (physicality). My only problem with Boldin is that he's not a speed burner. We need someone to take advantage of Flacco's monster power arm. I do believe we need a burner aka a tall wideout with speed. For example, many blame Flacco for not being able to interpret or decode the Cover 2 -- I blame our slow midget WRs who are unable to get open (find that soft spot of separation) against the Cover 2. But hey, what do I know? =/

I, too, have never been 6'6 OR a NFL quarterback, but I would also have to think that taller guys would be easier to identify in their routes, especially for a young quarterback, and easier to hit with the ball. And I don't mean "hit-in-the-facemask".