ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

NFl implements NEW domestic violence standards

tsylvester

Under the new policy, that plea agreement opens the door to a six-game suspension on a first offense, with potential adjustment downward or upward based on factors that, at least for the first few players caught in the gears of the new policy, there will be little or no guidance because there will be little or no precedent. If/when a player faces a second offense, copping a plea could mean taking a seat for a minimum of a year.

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but the writer is incorrect. A 2nd offense would mean life time ban. Also, if assault & battery are included, this means that if a woman wants to get her bo in toruble, she can report him for cussing her out, yelling at her, which is assualt. I do agree hitting women is wrong, but people get mad and yell, degrade each other, this should not be a 6 game suspension.

I wonder, is hitting a man, getting into fights included in this? If a gay player hits their significant other, does that fall into this category?

I rest my case, Goody is going to tread lightly with idiot irsay

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/02/carter-predicts-one-year-suspension-for-irsay/

Carter predicts one-year suspension for Irsay

At some point this week, the hammer could fall on Colts owner Jim Irsay, whose plea deal on DUI charges is expected to become official on Tuesday.

Prior reports suggested that Irsay could be suspended anywhere from six-to-eight games. On Tuesday morning, ESPN’s Cris Carter called his shot, predicting a one-year suspension and a heavy fine.

On the surface, Carter doesn’t know. At a deeper level, he’s got access to a small army of reporters and other analysts who collectively have a pretty good feeling regarding which way the proverbial wind is blowing.

A full year for Irsay would be a stunner. But it would show that Irsay has indeed been held to a higher standard than any player, since no player has ever been suspended for a year as a result of a DUI that didn’t result in death.

Still, the fine aspect will show whether, when it comes to the money lost, the league will treat an owner like a player. To be fair to a player in the same predicament, whatever Irsay makes from owning the team in a given year should be withheld. That number would likely be staggering — but it would be the appropriate simulation for a one-year loss of player income that, for the player and his family, is indeed staggering.