ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Wes Welker suspended four games

tsylvester

Seems pretty confident that he didn't do anything. But if you're handing out hundred-dollar bills to anyone and everyone on the day you're accused of having been on MDMA, my guess is that the accusation is very true.

He had me on his side up until he said: "some one might have slipped something in my drink." when ever I hear that I hav to laugh a little. How does one leave their drink alone now adays, let a lone some one with so much to lose....... I'm not buying it......

He had me on his side up until he said: "some one might have slipped something in my drink." when ever I hear that I hav to laugh a little. How does one leave their drink alone now adays, let a lone some one with so much to lose....... I'm not buying it......

Hey, he might be onto something here, wasnt it Bradys wife that blasted Welker when he dropped a couple of passes in their SB loss?? Hmmmmmm, maybe Giselle slipped a mickey in his drink at the derby...

He wanted to enjoy himself but didn't realize amphetamines was in it. At least that is what I suspect.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/04/a-new-drug-testing-agreement-could-benefit-welker-gordon/

A new drug testing agreement could benefit Welker, Gordon

Broncos receiver Wes Welker is suspended for the first four games of the season, and Browns receiver Josh Gordon is suspended for the entire season. Both players have already appealed, and lost.

And yet there’s a chance that both players could still see their suspensions reduced.

As Mike Florio reported on NBC, Welker, Gordon and potentially other players in the midst of suspensions could benefit from a new drug testing policy that the owners and players could agree upon soon.

The new policy that may be forthcoming has received attention primarily because it would include testing for human growth hormone, which has never before been tested in the NFL. But the policy would also have some other changes.

One change is that offseason use of amphetamines would move from the performance-enhancing substance policy to the substance-abuse policy. That would mean that Welker would switch from a first-time offender in the PED policy (which carries an automatic four-game suspension) to a first-time offender in the substance-abuse policy (which carries no suspension).

Another change is that the threshold to trigger a positive result on a marijuana test would rise. That would affect Gordon because his positive marijuana test was just barely above the NFL’s current threshold for a positive, which is significantly lower than the threshold for other organizations like the World Anti-Doping Agency.

If the NFL changes its policy and agrees to apply it retroactively to players who tested positive this year, Welker and Gordon would benefit. Which means that while the players’ union is stopping short of saying an agreement is very close, Welker and Gordon would be wise to call their union representatives and urge them to get the deal done, and get it done soon.

Wow. I think this would be a good move.

No, it would be a terrible move for Smith to challenge the suspensions. If they can retro the new policy for drugs, there-by getting the suspensions lowered, guess what? The NFL can step up and retro the new Domestic Violence policy, there-by enacting the new suspension rules for first time offenders, meaning, Rice would be out 6 games...... Can't have your cake & eat it too......

But I do like the changes, although I do not agree that off season PED use is not of benefit to the athlet. Jeepers, that is when the PEd use is of most affective for them to build mass..... Quite the slippery slope... And Gordon, as we have discussed, was not suspended just for his test result, but for his choices of being around pot heads using in his presence and his inability to see how wrong of a choice that was/is.....