ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Rite of Passage for Biscotti

varaven45

I don't think Steve would sell out the city. He might sell team, obviously. But he's a local guy through and through.

Now, he's also a smart business man and if the team was ever not worth its cost, he'd sell too. But he wouldn't sell, in my view, to harm the city or just because "something better" comes along.

And as much as I love Ozzie, his recent dismal track record and belief the game maybe passing him by, it may be time to pass the GM baton.

Dismal track record?

We have 4 starters from last year's draft - all contributing. Brandon Williams helped blow up the middle. KJ cleared out the entire left side of the end zone allowing for Daniels to be all alone for the TD. Elam played a new position, CB, while an unknown, Miles played Safety and they shut them out of the end zone. The running game got 181 yards over Wagner at RT in his 2d start and he did well last week. We finally got rid of Oher and we finally have our bookends.

This years #1 pick, Mosley made a crunching hit causing a fumble and recovered the ball he knocked loose.

A low round RB was the leading rusher in preseason in the NFL and is the 3rd RB on the team and will get more playing time as season goes on. Our #3 pick, Brooks a Safety had a big game last week.

Then there's # 1 pick Upshaw from a couple of years ago who set the tone to tonight's hard hitting with a forced fumble plus one in SB 47. The Crimson Tide players did well and made Ozzie proud.

Going further back, Ozzie won a SB ring trading fown for Pitta and Dickson. Pitta helped win the SB47

with a big TD and the game last night. In fact, he carried Pitt's #1 draft pick Shazier 11 yards down the field while getting a big first down. He carried him on his back. Shazier looked like a rag doll

on the play and he was their #1 guy.

Ozzie has more players still playing in the league than any other GM. Even his undrafted pickups

are signed by other clubs when he's trying to sneak them to the practice squad like Sammy

Samster getting picked up by the Dolphins this year and QB Derek Anderson years ago not

to mention Priest Holmes leaving for free agency and becoming one of the greatest runners

in NFL history - for KC.

Ozzie hasn't missed in the draft yet except the Dwan Edwards draft and he still got Webb

out of the Oher draft one of the best CBs in the game (we would have won last week had he played. He wouldnt have fallen down covering Green on the big TD) and if Biscuit is stupid enough to fire Oz 31 teams will knock on his door with open check books begging him to fill in the amount.

• Upvote 1

Did we ever find out if what Sugg's girl friend claimed, was true? Did he realy drag her along side the car, pour bleach on her and a chid, punch her in the neck? I know she dropped all charges and the lawsuit, but it has been two years, we never heard much about it, I guess since there was no video, there was no crime?

Biscut, are you out there, did you speak with Suggs about those incidents (plural)? Did you help him cover it up or help him get his gun collection back?

Oh in a major & number of ways. According to Ozzie and to three unnamed sources who not only read the transcripts, but reportedly were in the room when Goody interviewed Ray & Janay, Ray was clear, there was no soft coating i what happen. He clearly said he punched his wife and nocked her out.

My guess, this circle the waggons Biscut called for yesterday with all the staff was to get their stories straight since Biscut and Ozzie have differen versions.

Some great owner huh? By the way, a good game going on right now between North texas & La Tech, a number of good NFL prospects playing, CBS sports line.... This should be a good game, no need to give my ratings to Biscut or the NFL., pssss

Agreed.

I don't think Steve would sell out the city. He might sell team, obviously. But he's a local guy through and through.

Now, he's also a smart business man and if the team was ever not worth its cost, he'd sell too. But he wouldn't sell, in my view, to harm the city or just because "something better" comes along.

I disagree on that. He runs a corporation and they are amoral. He is looking for return on investment and anything else be damned.

Did we ever find out if what Sugg's girl friend claimed, was true? Did he realy drag her along side the car, pour bleach on her and a chid, punch her in the neck? I know she dropped all charges and the lawsuit, but it has been two years, we never heard much about it, I guess since there was no video, there was no crime?

Biscut, are you out there, did you speak with Suggs about those incidents (plural)? Did you help him cover it up or help him get his gun collection back?

She didn't drop the charges. She can't do that. She married him and claimed spousal privilege so the DA dropped them. But yeah no vid no prob.

Imagine if Jane Miller had asked him about it the other night. Awkward.

If you go back to the early days, there have been a number of domestic violence issues, from Ray to McCrary, C-Mac, and a few others, all that went under the rug all the way up to today....Granted Steve wasn't the sole owner back then, but he is one of the common people in all of this.....

If you go back to the early days, there have been a number of domestic violence issues, from Ray to McCrary, C-Mac, and a few others, all that went under the rug all the way up to today....Granted Steve wasn't the sole owner back then, but he is one of the common people in all of this.....

I've been following pro football for 56 years. There have been a ton of domestic violence cases come up for the NFL and then they just disappear. I think Jim Brown had 3 instances of DV.

So Biscut was fine signing, as papa loved, a person who killed another, but not a man who hit a woman. They will sign a player suspened 3 times for drug use, roids, but not stand by a player he "loved".... Oh I know, I should stop picking on Biscut, there is no gravy to go with the grits.

I wish I could have said it as funny.

• Upvote 1

So Biscut was fine signing, as papa loved, a person who killed another, but not a man who hit a woman. They will sign a player suspened 3 times for drug use, roids, but not stand by a player he "loved".... Oh I know, I should stop picking on Biscut, there is no gravy to go with the grits.

Michael Filippelli doesn't think you are mature because of your nickname for Biscotti.