ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Arrest warrant issued for Adrian Peterson-

tsylvester

The hits (pardon the pun) keep coming for the NFL.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/274946031.html

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who has been indicted for reckless or negligent injury to a child in North Montgomery County, Texas.

Sources told the Star Tribune that the boy lives with his mother in Minnesota and was on a visit to Texas with Peterson several months ago when he was injured while Peterson disciplined him with a switch.

The Vikings deactivated Peterson for Sunday’s game against New England at TCF Bank Stadium.

Nick Wright, a reporter for radio station 610AM in Houston, said he read police reports and heard audio of Peterson’s phone calls to police.

The radio station reported, according their law enforcement sources, that Peterson beat his 4-year-old son with a tree branch as a form of punishment for pushing his brother off a motorcycle video game. The 4-year-old suffered injuries to his legs, buttocks, back and scrotum.

A little more-

The radio station reported that according to police reports, the child told authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face” and expressed concern that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. According to the polic reports, the boy also said Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with “the switch,” typically a tree branch with twigs or leaves removed, while the boy’s pants were down. He also reportedly told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”

Photos from the child’s injuries were released by the Houston Police Department.

Adrian is a loving father who used his judgment as a parent to discipline his son. He used the same kind of discipline with his child that he experienced as a child growing up in east Texas.

“Adrian has never hidden from what happened. He has cooperated fully with authorities and voluntarily testified before the grand jury for several hours. Adrian will address the charges with the same respect and responsiveness he has brought to this inquiry from its beginning. It is important to remember that Adrian never intended to harm his son and deeply regrets the unintentional injury.”

Don't condone the man for disciplining his child, my grandmother's fav was a fig tree branch back in the day, Adrian needs to realize that he is 2x stronger then your average person and I applaud him for disciplining his son, maybe next time a hand across the butt would be sufficient.

Edited by cravnravn

This is a slippery slope, religious freedom, parental discipling. My parents hit me once, and yes, I deserved it. My aunt would grab our ear, drag us to the kitchen and smack our hands with a wooden spoon; she was strong. Me, spanked my daughter once in almost 23 years.

Spanking is not everyone's choice, but it is a choice, legal we can chose. When using a switch, one does not have to swing hard to leave a welt. One tiny little nub on the switch can cause a cut, which looks like is the case here, with a cut on one end of the welt. Yes, my friends and I used to play-who is tougher- one thing we would do is smack each other with switches....

If he goes for religious freedom, he best exexplain punishing the child in anger because no person not angry would leave so many welts all over a child's body, and God is clear, never punish when angry.

Nonetheless, I don't think he is a child abuser based just on this.

Getting beaten never did me any good.

Violence and rage is not the answer. It just creates more of the same.

I deceided to stop that cycle when I raised my children.

I guess we all have our opinions on the subject. I was beat as a kid. My mother used the threat of a beating from my father because he hit harder. I don't feel we had a strict upbringing but when we (my younger brother and sister and I) got a beating we normally deserved it. I don't feel it did us any harm and we have grown up to be decent people.

It's like anything, too much is a bad thing. Sometimes it's better to hug and talk about it. Other times a good beating gets the message across. Although I'm not sure a 4 year old really ever deserves a beating.

He has been reinstated by the team. According to Mort, a team can only deactive a player for punative reasons, 4 times per season. AP has seen a pschologist and says he understands there are other ways to punish a child.

Vikes GM says (yes the GM, not the head coach, cough, cough Biscut) says they will wait for due process.... My only question is, why wait? He has admitted to doing this, why are you, Rick Speilman, not responible for passing judgement on this matter, why do you have to wait to make a decison on suspension, or not, for the courts?

• 2 months later...

Peterson suspened for the rest of the season, without pay and, for the fore seeable future to be no less than April as long as he goes to counseling the NFL sets up. He is appealing....

Now, this, along with Rice, goes against the new rules set up by the NFL... This is going to get ugly....

Actually it doesn't. He has now gotten a 6 game suspension under the new rules they have come up with. AP was paid the whole time this season.

He was paid because they chose to put him on the obscure comish list. He was not suspended for domestic abuse he was suspened for code of conduct off the field; big difference. This means the suspension is at the discression of the comish.

Since his agreement to go on the comish list was that once his case was adjudicated he would be reinstated immediately and they, the NFl broke that agreement, not too mention the comish who normally gives out no suspension for players breaking the code of conduct off the field, this shows a comish just looking to answer to public opinion rather than what is best for both players & the league.

Smith was already on today, first thing this am, and he was not happy. Keep in mind, the arbitrator is going to make his decision on the breach of contract case, re- AD's case being adjudicated, this is quite the quick response by Goody, not waiting for the ruling, who is now having a pattern of "i don't care about the players" steadily moving and clearly obvious.... Peterson has a great case in the court system, by an arbitrator.

What happens when the arbitrator comes back and says he should be reinstated immediately?

He was paid because they chose to put him on the obscure comish list. He was not suspended for domestic abuse he was suspened for code of conduct off the field; big difference. This means the suspension is at the discression of the comish.

Since his agreement to go on the comish list was that once his case was adjudicated he would be reinstated immediately and they, the NFl broke that agreement, not too mention the comish who normally gives out no suspension for players breaking the code of conduct off the field, this shows a comish just looking to answer to public opinion rather than what is best for both players & the league.

Smith was already on today, first thing this am, and he was not happy. Keep in mind, the arbitrator is going to make his decision on the breach of contract case, re- AD's case being adjudicated, this is quite the quick response by Goody, not waiting for the ruling, who is now having a pattern of "i don't care about the players" steadily moving and clearly obvious.... Peterson has a great case in the court system, by an arbitrator.

What happens when the arbitrator comes back and says he should be reinstated immediately?

No. Getting a paid vacation is not punishment. What AP got is what cops get all the time and they continue their bad conduct. Also he was paid to stay away until his case was adjudicated. AP has now been punished.

No. Getting a paid vacation is not punishment. What AP got is what cops get all the time and they continue their bad conduct. Also he was paid to stay away until his case was adjudicated. AP has now been punished.

Papa, it is not that he was punished, it is what the punishment is that is the issue, the inconsistancy of Goody. Brent, Dallas dt, only received 10 games, and he killed some one. Rice only got 2 games originally, and only then got indefinate suspension only when the public outcry was so strong. Rice did everything the NFL asked, yet got more time than some one who killed another. AP got more time than anyone else who plead to a misdemeanor.

The issue is Goody now, not the players or what they did. Everyone agrees AP should be punished, everyone agrees those who comitt sexual assault or other domestic violent acts should be punnished. But they also want it to be fair & equal, right now it is neither.

T isn't this more to do about AP not taking this serious? He got no outside counseling, yesterday on Mike n Mike Chris Carter was pretty much ripping into AP

Carter was ripping him for not acceting that this action was outrageous. However, AP did get outside counceling, just with his own doctors, not approved by the NFL. AP thinks what he did was perfectly fine and did say, months ago, that he would do it again if needed.

AP also stayed in touch with the team while on the comish list, texting them, calling them, helping the young runningback learn the offense.

• 4 weeks later...