ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

O's Final Stretch

varaven45

With 10 games left, we are 2 1/2 games behind LA Angels. LA closes its season with Texas at home, followed by challenging trips to Oakland and Seattle - two teams struggling to make the WC.

Meanwhile, we have Bosox at home, then trips to NY and Toronto.

In short, its unlikely but we could catch LA and capture #1 seed. As I understand, #1 seed plays the WC winner, while #2 plays #3 (likely Detroit or KC).

If you had your druthers, would you rather see the Os capture #1 and play WC winner or get #2 and play Detroit or KC ? What's our more favorable path to the WS ?

Well sort of. We had all our starters except Pearce and managed only hit tonight.

It's no big deal if it's one night. We just don't want to take our foot completely off the gas pedal and limp into the playoffs against what looks like the Tigers or Royals.

I am sure Buck will have em ready.

I have never really cared about homefield "Throughout" in any thing... you have to actually win the early series to get there...

Meanwhile, if you watched last night, my buddy was the "MASN" token O's fan in the crowd for the night. He was by himself on a business trip - so one orange shirt in a field of blue. They kept showing him when they wanted the "crowd shot" of local support. Funny to see.

Yep. Jeter is a classy individual and we are blessed to have watched him for almost 20 years.

We may not see another like him again.

For the Os, rest up in Toronto this weekend and get ready for Price, Scherzer and Verlander and the Tigers next week.

KC is still only a game behind going into play today.

We've struggled against them recently, but that was also way back in the season. We're the better team now - or we were a month ago! Hope we can rekindle that.

Interesting to note... the Thursday game will be at either 5:30 or 6:00... and the Friday game will be either Noon or 3:00. I'm not opposed in either case, but we never play that early! Adam Jones is the best day-game hitter in the league, though...