ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

O's Final Stretch

varaven45

We've struggled against them recently, but that was also way back in the season. We're the better team now - or we were a month ago! Hope we can rekindle that.

Interesting to note... the Thursday game will be at either 5:30 or 6:00... and the Friday game will be either Noon or 3:00. I'm not opposed in either case, but we never play that early! Adam Jones is the best day-game hitter in the league, though...

Doesn't late.afternoon starts effect the game? Won't the sun as its setting be right in the batters eyes?

Crav - absolutely. Though, at Camden Yards it's not in the batters eyes - its the shadowing across the field. Famously at Camden Yards, the sun through the stands and lighting stands creates weird shadowing between the pitcher and the batter - they say they can "see the ball, then not, then see it again"

Spen - absolutely. I hope it is a 3:00 game. Noon and I have no shot at watching most of the game - can't watch while teaching! :( But 3:00... I can be home by 3:15 or so if I really try. Apparently it's based on which NL team wins their wild card game... so... whoever needs to win that... GO THEM!

In 2012 when the Orioles were in the ALDS we had all night games. One was 5. Wonder what was different that year? 😏

Two days before and no start times yet is a friggin joke.

I might be able to watch a total of half of one of the first two games.

Yeah, I'm not sure why the winners of the WC games affects start times because it won't affect the home team for the first two games in any series.

Whether the angels play Oakland or KC, they play in Anaheim. We play here. So what's the 30 minutes?

Max Scherzer, David Price, Anibal Sanchez and Justin Verlander... don't scare you?

Verlander and Price have had down years... and are still better than your average pitcher. And arguably still easily better than our entire staff.

Their starting rotation, when healthy and firing on all cylinders, is the best in baseball. It will take phenomenal and timely clutch hitting to beat the Tigers - here's hoping we can pull it off.

During the offseason, I would love to see us sign Scherzer or another top starter.

Great win last night. Wished we could have saved some of those runs from last night. I think Verlander is going to be much, much tougher than we are expecting. The guy has a Cy Young and knows how to win in the clutch. We'll get his best stuff today and our boys need to locked in.

O'S OWN THE 8TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bad Boys from Baltimore.

Yea....this was a real special win. A great game.

They needed to win so the Tigers don't go to Detroit with the momentum.

Very important game and win.

animalhouse02.jpg

lol...when Joba was walking out to take the mound, the O's fans cheered.

Some great moments...the double play...Young's double and Hardy beats the tag...love watching those Birds flying around the bases....Briton was money...the rookie Gausman came through for 3 critical innings...

aptopix-alds-tigers-orioles-baseball.jpe

Edited by vmax