ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

KC Series

varaven45

Guthrie is in super apology mode on the shirt. I for one believe him, not his style. He says it was given to him by a fan and he was wearing it in clubhouse and forgot to remove it for the conference- not intending to flaunt.

Meanwhile - I disagree that the royals are one and done. They are young and good, especially strong in pitching and defense. I think they will be around for a while - probably several division championships coming.

But I just think that while they have been better this series, it's been such little breaks that have really turned the games. If someone said they were a better team than the O's, is probably disagree. But better this series and playing better this week, sure.

Big game between good teams are decided by little things. KC is getting the little things done, the O's are slipping a bit on them and just not getting the breaks.

Guthrie is in super apology mode on the shirt. I for one believe him, not his style. He says it was given to him by a fan and he was wearing it in clubhouse and forgot to remove it for the conference- not intending to flaunt.

Meanwhile - I disagree that the royals are one and done. They are young and good, especially strong in pitching and defense. I think they will be around for a while - probably several division championships coming.

But I just think that while they have been better this series, it's been such little breaks that have really turned the games. If someone said they were a better team than the O's, is probably disagree. But better this series and playing better this week, sure.

Big game between God teams are decided by little things. KC is getting the little things done, the O's are shipIn case after case, participants said, analysis of these warheads and shells reaffirmed intelligence failures. First, the American government did not find what it had been looking for at the wars outset, then it failed to prepare its troops and medical corps for the aged weapons it did slipping as bit on them and just not getting the breaks.

I think DC just had a stroke.

• Upvote 1

First two games did us in Tillman was always in a jam as was Norris, we never had a lead in the first two games, tough playing from behind, and then last night scoring 1, guess it wasn't meant to be,

Can't stand Hosmer myself and fuck you Guthrie, you stunk here

First two games did us in Tillman was always in a jam as was Norris, we never had a lead in the first two games, tough playing from behind, and then last night scoring 1, guess it wasn't meant to be,

But in the first two, again, it was small things. Game two hosmer breaks his bat and gets two runs in on a bloop. Game one, Pearce drops the Hardy throw leading to a three run double the next batter instead of end of inning. Pitching struggled but got no help. Meanwhile, great catches and plays save the Royals pitching a few times. Not meant to be is right.

KC will have their glory this postseason and be a one and done team for sure. Nobody has really taken them seriously this postseason.

Next year, they will come back to earth and be a marginal playoff team. Another Florida Marlins team from last decade.

Unless KC is planning to break up the team after this season that is an apples and oranges argument. Many of their guys are home grown and just up to the majors so they have them cheaply for a while.

That loos awfully familiar to what you say about eveyone who played or coached here after they leave.

sourapple.jpg?w=430&h=367

Maybe this will help.

Not quite just up to the majors for many of them, but young and under control. What will be more interesting is if they continue to develop. This is not the Cain and Hosmer that played all year. So does this post season become a breakout moment for them or do they become their old selves - good not great? I bet the latter, but they'd still be a formidable team regardless.

But really, Hosmer had less than 60RBI all year as their clean up hitter. This series? Wild.

First, why the shoulder? The top of the zone is technically closer to the belly button or just above...

But second, technically the zone is "set" by a player in their "active" position - not their stance beforehand and not their stance or position while swinging. How do we pin that down, especially when it can change by the pitch for some batters - but certainly by the week or the month for many?

Just not convinced by it.

So, the strikezone is pretty fluid, huh?

The strike zone was all over the place in game one. Both teams were hurt and helped at times so it was even but it was annoying. The first Nats game was terrible too.

I actually agree with Papa on this though it would never happen. I do think they could do it.

More than umps inconsistency I hate how some players are given more 'respect' than others in regards to the strike zone.

Edited by Spen

Definitely agree about zone "respect" and it applies to both hitters and pitchers.

Changing to the set position is not a good idea, papa, because then you'd just have everyone intentionally squat or bend over in "set" to make the zone small - think old fashioned Chuck Knoblach. Because it is "ready swing" position, even guys like Knoblsch stand up a bit and have a zone.