ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game Balls

oldno82

I'm not giving them a game ball, but quietly, Webb is returning to form and he and Smith look like the Ravens may have one nasty pair of corners. If they keep progressing, then this Ravens D has a chance to be awesome.

Pernell McPhee. The game ball could go to anyone on the Ravens' pass rush, but McPhee set the tone in a dominant first half. He forced a fumble on a sack of Matt Ryan in the red zone, then sacked Ryan again on third-and-1 to end another drive. McPhee now has four sacks in his past three games. The Ravens finished with five sacks. -- Jamison Hensley

Dude. Joe mostly had a solid day, but the 2 picks were horrendous and the last TD was a stat-padder. Give me a fucking break.

The Defensive Line gets the game ball.

That's what I was going to post. For a lot of the game he was pretty good, overall he was OK.

I'm not giving them a game ball, but quietly, Webb is returning to form and he and Smith look like the Ravens may have one nasty pair of corners. If they keep progressing, then this Ravens D has a chance to be awesome.

They are the reason the sacks are piling up. A couple of times the Falcons stopped initial pressure and Ryan still got sacked because he couldn't find anyone open.

• Upvote 1

They are the reason the sacks are piling up. A couple of times the Falcons stopped initial pressure and Ryan still got sacked because he couldn't find anyone open.

Yea! The coverage was there!

I am starting to get very hopeful about the back end of the D. If they play tight and disciplined, then I think the sky is the limit for this team.

What's been the difference? It has as much to do with the secondary as the pass-rushers up front. The defensive backs have played tighter coverage, and the Ravens are causing quarterbacks to think more with different looks. There was a point during Sunday's game in which Jimmy Smith, the Ravens' best cornerback, was lined up at safety.

"I rolled out a few [coverages]," Pees said. "Trust me, I stay up late nights."

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/14543/ravens-pass-rush-responded-after-being-challenged

Edited by vmax