ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

It is now time to talk about the draft

tsylvester

Yes, you read it correctly. I/we have been saying for decades, that this team has no weapons on offense, outside.

If it ever was so obvious, it was today, even when Flacco had time, no one, NONE, not even in five sets, got open. In the chance they did, it was too late, the route run too slow.

There is no quickness on this team, oh except for the 100 year old steve smith, who has some quicks. Sanu, the Bengals second receiver is better than anyone the Ravens have or have had since way back in 1996. Time to stop trying to develop receivers, not matter the coaching staff, they can't get it done so oviously it must be the person chosing these crappy receivers.

So, time to give up the draft for Kevin White (WVA), he should be coming out. If you do not know the name, he is the best receiver in college football, yes, even better than the Bama "stud"... White has very good speed, he has size, he has big hands, he has a catch radious of about 3 miles. Best of all, he fights for the ball, he gets off the jam with ease.

Next, grabb a receiver with quickness, incredible quickness. One who has great toughness in the mold of Steve Smith, only much younger,,,,, from Cinci, Shaq Washington. Strong, great at getting off of press and can this boy do the jig like a june bug, he has broken many anckles with his quicks. Did I mention he has great hands and is very, very quick?

Next, they need to get more athletic at tight end. Even if Pita comes back he is not very athletic nor will be with the gimpy hip. So go grab, on day two likely, Pharaoh Brown from Oregon. Big strong, fast, a catch radius of about 4 miles, with strong hands, a match up nightmare.

That should do it for the draft, walk away enjoy the offensive show next year. Enough of drafting defense, it clearly doesn't work. Two safeties in the past two years, both suck, can't cover, can't tackle.

Every time this team plays a physical defense outside, the receivers are no where to be found, believe me now? So go get real receivers.

They shuld have traded Joe after the SB. When his agent was asking for the moon he was not worth the price.

It's not him papa, I wil argue that till the cows come home, then cook them for dinner. If no one is open, if they keep cutting off their routes, not even Brady could complete passes. I think we have seen the evidence this year from him with the crappy wide outs he has worked with. Statistcly, the past year & a half are his worst, Brady I am speaking of now. He went off today, sure, but then it was the bears.

They need Cb/Fs help before looking offense.

Nope, they have gone that route (pun intended, unavoidable) in the past few drafts, look what it has gotten them; two terrible safeties and no depth at corner. So stick with the defense as is, and build the offense so that it doesn't come down to the officials or a defense stop at the end of the game. Enough is enough. The offensive line is good enough and has some depth. runningbacks can be had for cheap undrafted. Even the defensive line has good youth if they chose to keep it.

After Ozzie retires at the end of this season, maybe the new GM will see it my way, it is the right way and only way.... :bleh:

It's not him papa, I wil argue that till the cows come home, then cook them for dinner. If no one is open, if they keep cutting off their routes, not even Brady could complete passes. I think we have seen the evidence this year from him with the crappy wide outs he has worked with. Statistcly, the past year & a half are his worst, Brady I am speaking of now. He went off today, sure, but then it was the bears.

I look at the OPI on SS Sr. Had that ball been on time then that flag stays in a pocket. They both were standing around waiting for the ball to get there. Smith stopped being open at that point. That flag was on Joe.

I look at the OPI on SS Sr. Had that ball been on time then that flag stays in a pocket. They both were standing around waiting for the ball to get there. Smith stopped being open at that point. That flag was on Joe.

You realize the ball was thrown 65 yards, right? On the run, right? While eluding the pass rush, right?

You give up the draft for a WR and you become the Atlanta Falcons. No thanks.

Atlanta didn't have the defense the Ravens do at this time and they actually drafted wr high a few times, getting White and Julio. This time around the draft should have just what the Ravens need at wide out,, ready made.We know, if Ozzie is still here then, he will go for the Bama wide out anyway, so skip another Bama bust and go for a wide out being compared to, and fairly, Randy Moss without the attitude.

They shuld have traded Joe after the SB. When his agent was asking for the moon he was not worth the price.

And replace him with who? If you have a franchise QB you don't trade him unless you have a viable replacement waiting. We can argue whether Flacco is elite or top 10 or whatever, but with his win total he is definitely a franchise QB

Again the ball was late. The offense is about timing and Joe doesn't have a feel for the timing.

Ok old buddy, you are showing your ignorance here..... Again, the timing on this play was thrown off because of the need to escape the rush. All the other timing plays are now off the table because JOe an't trust his receivers to be where they are suppose to be.....

And replace him with who? If you have a franchise QB you don't trade him unless you have a viable replacement waiting. We can argue whether Flacco is elite or top 10 or whatever, but with his win total he is definitely a franchise QB

I would have taken the picks from trading Joe and put them towards a new QB as well as other useful players to allow that QB to be successful.

I would have taken the picks from trading Joe and put them towards a new QB as well as other useful players to allow that QB to be successful.

You would have been choosing from this fine talent pool of QB's coming out in the 2013 NFL draft. No offense papa, but even with the benefit of hindsight the Ravens decision to resign Flacco still looks better than your plan to trade him.

Drafted Quarterbacks NAME POS SCHOOL ROUND PK(OVR) TEAM EJ Manuel QB Florida State 1 16(16) Buffalo Geno Smith QB West Virginia 2 7(39) NY Jets Mike Glennon QB North Carolina State 3 11(73) Tampa Bay Matt Barkley QB USC 4 1(98) Philadelphia Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse 4 13(110) NY Giants Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas 4 15(112) Oakland Landry Jones QB Oklahoma 4 18(115) Pittsburgh Brad Sorensen QB Southern Utah 7 15(221) San Diego Zac Dysert QB Miami (OH) 7 28(234) Denver B.J. Daniels QB SOUTH FLORIDA 7 31(237) San Francisco Sean Renfree QB Duke 7 43(249) Atlanta

His contract set them back a few.

His contract is workable, we can look at Suggs and Dumervil for two contracts that set the team back five years if we want to play this game. Joe is young enough and good enough, hence his record play off run to and to win the super bowl, to keep restructuring it over the years; it is not a big deal. However, both Suggs & Dumervil are at an age and position that are not condusive to restructure.

Back to the thread- Duke Williams at Aubrun is another great wide out; big, fast, large, strong hands, huge catch radius. He does need some work on routes, but he, like the others I mentioned so far, is a stud and not affraid to fight for the ball, nor to lay out to make the circus catch. He can be had, if he comes out, in the 2nd round likely, maybe the 3rd. This will be, if the under classmen come out,a great wide receiver draft, with Lippet from MSU, Strong from ASU and a host of others. Many will follow the mantra of Cooper from Bama being the world's greatest, but stay away, speed, yes, but small hands, mostly a body catcher, and I question his durability....

If you get a chance, watch the college games these players are in, especially White from WVA, and Washington from Cinci, Brown from Oregon.