ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Damn, Jimmy Smith out for year

TBird

Very hard to digest.

Unless Pees can work miracles...or the offense put up 35-40 points a game, I don't see how this team can make the playoffs.

Nevertheless...I will be out there Sunday cheering on "Our" team. :gorave:

One of the Baltimore Ravens' worst fears came to light Thursday when it was announced that cornerback Jimmy Smith underwent season-ending foot surgery.

Other than quarterback Joe Flacco, the player the Ravens could least afford to lose this season was Smith. The Ravens' secondary went from being depleted to downright depressing.

There is no player on the Ravens who can match Smith's size, speed and playmaking ability. That's why the loss of Smith represents the undoing of the Ravens' championship aspirations.http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/15151/loss-of-jimmy-smith-ends-ravens-title-aspirations

Other than quarterback Joe Flacco, the player the Ravens could least afford to lose this season was Smith. The Ravens' secondary went from being depleted to downright depressing.

Is there an echo in here? :D

Webb has to step up big time. BIG TIME. I'm confident that Gorrer will be an upgrade over Franks and Chykie so that's something I guess.

I want to believe this...I really do, but all of you would make fun of me, call me names and hurt my feelings.

Here's Harbaugh on the loss os Smith...

“We’ll be fine. We’ll recover,” Harbaugh said following the Ravens’ final full practice before Sunday afternoon’s game against the Tennessee Titans at M&T Bank Stadium. “We have good players at every position. We’ll pick up the slack as a group and as a unit. We always do. That’s what you do. This happens all around the league. It’s just the way it is http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-harbaugh-confident-team-will-rebound-from-jimmy-smith-injury-20141107-story.html?track=rss

I mean...that's asking a lot. Who does he think his audience is!?

Pre K kids????

This was indeed a blow. This team will put up some good games, but the AFC North is too good to overcome this loss unless we make a trade. Please find someone who needs a LB'er for a CB. Upshaw and Brown are expendable (though talented) and since McPhee is as good as gone this offseason, I'd also be willing to move him.