A look at Ravens' options at wide receiver

cravnravn

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link! I've seen nothing official...

Because he's being silly.

Burleson got FIVE YEARS and $25 MILLION from the Lions. And I thought Schwartz knew what he was doing.

Chargers let go of Kassim Osgood. He says he's visiting an East Coast team today that will give him a "legit shot". Obviously no superstar, but I can see them looking at him.

McGahee + a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Cromartie = FAIL. The Chargers will do well to get a 2nd round pick on its own for Cromartie. I would be in favour of the move if it was McGahee and a 5th or 6th round pick but nothing more.

I hate to quote my own post....ok I actually love it.

Cromartie went for a 2011 3rd round pick with the potential of it turning into a 2nd round pick depending on Cromartie's and the Jets' performance. I think I nailed his trade value spot on.

Also it looks as though we are not going anywhere near Marshall. Disappointing but then at least we get to watch the first night of the draft with some interest.

Free agency isn't the end-all, Crav. I wouldn't be surprised at all if nothing of major importance really happened at the castle today, or all weekend, for that matter.

You know Ozzie likes the draft. You know they won't overpay for anyone (otherwise, Marshall would already be here). You just have to wait until training camp to get the full view of what they want to do for 2010.

Just enjoy it. :)

Marshall is supposedly already over with. They don't want to give him actual money.

Yeah, I heard that. Even with all of his off-the-field baggage, the guy is one of the best receivers in the league easily. Pay him the money. If they are not going to pay Marshall, how are they going to justify paying a 29-year old, often injured, Anquan Boldin? The bottom line is that we need a #1 receiver, and if Ozzie is not going to pay either Marshall or Boldin, we will be in big trouble.

Heck, Nate Burleson got 5-years, $25 million with $11 million guaranteed. What is that going to entitle Kevin Walter, who is a better player than Burleson, to? You might as well go all the way and pay big money to Boldin or Marshall than overpay for a #2 receiver in Walter.