ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Offense did their job

vmax

With this secondary, any Ravens FG is a dagger. They must score 7's to have a shot to win....and at least 35 points a game.

I think the Ravens going into the 4th quarter with a 10 point lead....and then they score 10 more, tells me the offense did their job.

Time of Chargers TD drives in 4th quarter:
5 plays 59 yards 2:05
6 plays 77 yards 2;33
8 plays 80 yards 1:44

The secondary is so bad that when the Chargers had the ball with 2 minutes to go and down by 6 I was screaming to let them score. The first pass that was completed, just don't tackle the guy....fake it but LET HIM SCORE!

Then it would be 34-33. Ravens ball. Plenty of time. 4 downs to make 10. Get Tucker in range...

Win!

Instead...I had to sit and watch....

animal_house_10.jpg

Edited by vmax

The Offense did do its job. Thirty-three points will win 9 out of 10 with even an average D. I knew if we didn't rush Rivers he'd tear up the secondary and he did.

The secondary couldn't stop the intermediate pass nearly all game. It was there for the taking and Rivers took it.

Watching Rivers work the sidelines with his receivers on their last drive was hideous. We might as well as just give it to them.

Which we did.

Harbs shares some blame with his poor use of time outs A fake field goal, at that point in the game, really? There is the one time out they needed so they could have at least tried a long field goal.

Cubs as well, a pass play on 3rd down when you know the defense would never hold, hasn't held all day? Run the ball, SD would be out of time outs, the clock runs to the 2 min warning, they run out of time trying to get the td. Anyone who had a football brain knew SD was going to send the house on 3rd down, at least do a misdirection run to the outside. But no, not throw the ball when the line has been weak all day.....

We could use a big, tall receiver. But there were plenty of points scored by the Ravens in this game.

We do!

6'5" Marlon Brown who was on his way to a great game until the concussion.

Brown is one game this season. I am not sure he gets the offense. The Ravens may not be able to rely on him long term.

He was playing good today...on his way to a 7+ catch day with Smith Sr on the snooze button.

I think the Ravens had game planned a big game for him today. Especially in the redzone.

Harbs shares some blame with his poor use of time outs A fake field goal, at that point in the game, really? There is the one time out they needed so they could have at least tried a long field goal.

Cubs as well, a pass play on 3rd down when you know the defense would never hold, hasn't held all day? Run the ball, SD would be out of time outs, the clock runs to the 2 min warning, they run out of time trying to get the td. Anyone who had a football brain knew SD was going to send the house on 3rd down, at least do a misdirection run to the outside. But no, not throw the ball when the line has been weak all day.....

Do you really think the Chargers run out of time if the Ravens ram the ball there? I don't. They would have scored faster.

He's tall enough, Max, but I guess I'm looking for a freak around 6-5 245 lbs. with speed and good hands. I know that's a tall order and we never draft for need anyway so I doubt we'll get a guy like that.

Look at my draft thread, this coming draft has a ton of them, a number of just what the offense needs.

Do you really think the Chargers run out of time if the Ravens ram the ball there? I don't. They would have scored faster.

Maybe, maybe not, all we can do is follow their plays. They scored with 38 seconds on the clock, the Ravens could have eaten close to 40 if not more with one run and I do honestly believe the misdirection play would have worked given the all out blitz.

Maybe, maybe not, all we can do is follow their plays. They scored with 38 seconds on the clock, the Ravens could have eaten close to 40 if not more with one run and I do honestly believe the misdirection play would have worked given the all out blitz.

I'm not really debating whether a different play call by the Ravens would have gotten the first or not. Who knows. I was really just saying it was so easy for the Chargers to drive down the field that I dont think 30 seconds less stops them.