ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Maryland/Stanford Foster Farms Bowl

vmax

Terps have no answer for the 3 big TE's that Stanford uses. 1 of them is always open and running behind them is too much for Maryland to defend.

5 plays, 70 yards...TD Stanford.

21-7

Edsall is getting a lot of heat from the local media. If you take away the Rutgers loss, UMD had a very solid first season in the B1G by any standard. Stanford is a very good team. A caliber of team and brand name that Maryland would have never played in a bowl against had they stayed in the ACC. I don't think the criticism of Edsall is entirely fair but I understand it.

The new training facility, the move to the B1G, big moves by other schools within the B1G East, Edsall is going to have a short leash. A good year will no longer cut it. UMD did not make the investment of a $30M to simply move to the B1G, and $125M in a indoor practice facility to simply be a winning team. The groundwork has been laid to compete annually for a conference championship, and possibly more. Edsall has recruited very well, but his inability to recruit a stud QB may be his downfall.

IMO, UMD gives Edsall a couple of more years. Edsall might be in the unfortunate situation of being in over his head. The program is going to attract top caliber coaching talent with the conference, location, and now the elite facilities. I can really see the program dishing out big time money in a few years and possibly making their own Harbaugh-type move. Who knows, UMD could maybe even hire John after he is done with the pro's.

• 3 weeks later...

Good read. I also think Edsall has made dinner solid recruiting moves all during his duration, just didn't show right away. Much like in bball. Who cares about the transfers of the old guard who aren't winning games? Let's get the new blood in.