ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Next Up; New England

cravnravn

OK, I've talked to the accountant, time to invest.......... That blocked punt at the end of the Stillers games really bothered me, it is not the first time teams have gotten close to Koch, to blocking a kick... I expect NE to try some blocks as well. Zuta getting pushed back twice, tripping Joe, fortunately no turnovers were created, really bothers me. Is Zuta hurting? He seems to reall be struggling with bull rushers as the season has gone on.... NE can bull rush, Vince anyone?

Billy boy knows how to exploit a defense's weakness, for the Ravens that is the linebackers and their inability to cover. Yes the secondary is bad, but NE has Gronk and can work match ups better than any other team. I expect them to really target the linebackers.

Press coverage, bump & run haults the Ravens passing game... Can they run against NE? They are 9th against the run, 4.0 ypc, 104 per game, 6 touchdowns..... Hmmm....

Marv, I'll take the Pats, while I epxect a 20 pt win, I'll just give the points for $1,000..... :cryin1:

Syl- just wanted to remind you that the Ravens won that game, 30 to 17. I am not calling this game but do believe we have a better shot at winning at New England than we did at Pittsburgh.

That’s because the scariest man on the Baltimore Ravens is 65 years old,” wrote WEEI.com’s John Tomase.

That man is Defensive Coordinator Dean Pees, who used to hold the same position in New England and knows Brady, and his tendencies, very well.

“It’s a long shot [to beat the Patriots], but it’s certainly possible, thanks to Pees, the Harley-riding, piano-playing former Patriots defensive coordinator (2006-09) with a penchant for getting in Tom Brady’s head. (Not to mention his face),” wrote Tomase.

“Pees knows the key to slowing Brady isn’t with obscure blitzes or fancily disguised coverages. It’s with four-man pressure up the middle, because Brady likes to step up in the pocket when rushed. He murders teams that send extra men on the blitz. … It’s all about keeping Brady uncomfortable, and this time around, Pees’ pass rush will be paramount, because his injury-riddled secondary is porous and does not tackle particularly well.” http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-17-Boston-Movie-Star-Ben-Affleck-Is-Terrified-Of-Ravens/dea4123f-5893-4bcd-af10-d14f952bdfcb

That’s because the scariest man on the Baltimore Ravens is 65 years old,” wrote WEEI.com’s John Tomase.

That man is Defensive Coordinator Dean Pees, who used to hold the same position in New England and knows Brady, and his tendencies, very well.

“It’s a long shot [to beat the Patriots], but it’s certainly possible, thanks to Pees, the Harley-riding, piano-playing former Patriots defensive coordinator (2006-09) with a penchant for getting in Tom Brady’s head. (Not to mention his face),” wrote Tomase.

“Pees knows the key to slowing Brady isn’t with obscure blitzes or fancily disguised coverages. It’s with four-man pressure up the middle, because Brady likes to step up in the pocket when rushed. He murders teams that send extra men on the blitz. … It’s all about keeping Brady uncomfortable, and this time around, Pees’ pass rush will be paramount, because his injury-riddled secondary is porous and does not tackle particularly well.” http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-17-Boston-Movie-Star-Ben-Affleck-Is-Terrified-Of-Ravens/dea4123f-5893-4bcd-af10-d14f952bdfcb

Four man pressure up the middle? Right up our alley :yeah:

To have any shot in this game, we've got to sack Brady early and often. And I don't mean like we treated Big Ben. I will go one step further, We have to hit him in the 1st series - hard, legal and put him on the ground- so that we get and stay in his head. Next, Will Hill needs to get a good, legal early shot on Gronk.

I submit that if we effectively do that in the 1st or 2nd series we have a shot. If not, Brady and Gronk will carve us up and we will get waxed.

This is perhpas Brady's and Belichicks last legit shot at a SB and they know it. It will take a hurculean effort of near perfection for us to win this game.

I think he's trying reverse psychology on us Grubbs,

Nope, even if I was, you poitning it out before hand, now reverses the reverse........ :scared:

Tell me oh wise one.......

Last year, to end the season, the Pats whooped the Ravens 41- what?

Since then, what has changed? On offense, the Pats are better, since Grink didn't play then and will now.

The Ravens on offense are what? A banged up left tackle, the same tackle who was playing "hurt" last year. The line is slightly better but Zutta still struggles with bull rushers and otoh, Vince will be playing this year for the Pats, he was out last time.

The Ravens secondary still sucks, worse than last year :cryin:

The Pats secondary is worlds better than the one they fielded last year, here in B-more :cop:

That all equals another stomping :nono: I think......... :gorave:

Last season was a mulligan, we also got our asses handed to us week 1 by Denver, we were defending sb champs right there is a big target, we lost our leaders to retirement.

We don't have that target this year..

And I've already plopped down my pick on the ravens

Last season was a mulligan, we also got our asses handed to us week 1 by Denver, we were defending sb champs right there is a big target, we lost our leaders to retirement.

We don't have that target this year..

And I've already plopped down my pick on the ravens

Last year was a win & you are in game. I'll split my winnings with you to help cover your loss, maybe you can buy those raven speedos you love so much, but the rest of the world hates to see.... :sing:

Got me a ravens bathing suit :)

Last year was such a flukey season, ray rice stunk regardless if he was injured or not, the d was a sieve, we were the worst d in the NFL in the 4 the quarter.

This year this Kubes offense is more to joes liking, you will be surprised tomorrow, I on the other hand won't be surprised by our vitory.

• Upvote 1

No, I think their contracts and spouses will require then to show up :fishin:

Actually, I m more concerned about the men in striped suits and prevailing sentiments for a Brady-Manning AFCC game.

Look for 1-2 roughing the passer and unnecessary roughness calls against our D (Suggs etr al) at critical junctures of the game.

And keep an eye on other game/momentum changing call.

We all witnessed last Sunday's highway robbery at the Big D.