ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

State of the Ravens

oldno82

• 3 weeks later...

This is the longest wait in team history.

Hopefully this long delay is due to a serious inventory of where they are now and lot of strategic planning for the future.

“Games can be won by talent, but championships are won by chemistry,” Lewis said.

Since Lewis, Ed Reed and a large chunk of the Super Bowl roster has left Baltimore, the front office has moved forward with key players like quarterback Joe Flacco, outside linebacker Terrell Suggs, defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, cornerback Jimmy Smith, wide receiver Torrey Smith and guard Marshal Yanda.

Lewis said finding and keeping a positive chemistry in the locker room will propel the Ravens to the next level.

“That’s why when I look at my team, they will be a force and they’re going to have to get it done real soon before things start to break up,” Lewis said.

“You can replace anybody with talent all day, but there’s a certain chemistry and a certain leadership that the great teams have. Those are the ones that finish it. We’re at a place where we have to find out that one, two core people that are going to be with us that next four, five, six, seven years to build that organization, to get us back to that dance again. Great teams do it together. Great defenses figure it out together. But I’m excited about what the future holds for the Ravens once we figure out what those key pieces are going to be. I think it’s going to be exciting.”

Yep, as our good, late friend Sock used to say, character and chemistry win championships. That's what I remembered most about the 2000 team.

After we survived the TD scoring drought that year, there wasn't a game I ever had any doubt about winning. Not with that team's substance, character and chemistry.

Fast forwarding to 2015, I think we are a good bit away from recapturing those critical team elements but appear to be closing the gap and moving in the right direction.

With our FO, I am optimistic we will regain those elements, be competitive for several years and, hopefully, posture ourselves for a few more Lombardy's.

I have to believe that the delay is so they can get the house in order. You know that the Ray Rice situation is going to come up again and some of the FO people didn't exactly tow the party line. They are probably rehearsing how they are going to handle the media to present a united front. Either that or they are figuring out the makeup of the FO as a few guys are pushed towards retirement (aka fired for not following Biscuit's lead).

• 2 weeks later...

I think we can say good bye to McPhee, even if this is just a ploy by them......

OLB Pernell McPheeicon-article-link.gif
Contract situation: Unrestricted free agent

“I think you have to look at it this way: If we were to go after the market on Pernell, how many other players would we not have on the Baltimore Ravens? That’s kind of the way we look at this thing,” Newsome said. “Will we pay market for some players? Yes. We paid market for Joe [Flacco], Eugene [Monroe], [Marshal] Yanda. But we have to look at it that we can’t pay everybody market value because it will hurt our roster overall in trying to retain the other guys that can go out in the market.”

Here you go in case you missed it and want to hear the spew....... And Biscott, the crack about suicide was not funny, it is no joke.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/State-Of-The-Ravens-Press-Conference-Preview/558e0a56-0522-4d90-926d-8226a0270e04

SteveB. was referring to how the teams front office had reassured him that everything is going to be OK. SteveB. then joked, "i'm no longer on suicide watch". What's your beef with that? Lighten up.

SteveB. was referring to how the teams front office had reassured him that everything is going to be OK. SteveB. then joked, "i'm no longer on suicide watch". What's your beef with that? Lighten up.

Again, suicide is no joke, maybe once it stops being funny to say, the number of real people on the ledge will go down.

Any thoughts on what was said or do you just want to suckle some more>?

Again, suicide is no joke, maybe once it stops being funny to say, the number of real people on the ledge will go down.

Any thoughts on what was said or do you just want to suckle some more>?

I heard the presser in it's entirety. I hardly think Steve was making fun of people who jump off ledges. I think your entirely too sensitive, sort of like a whiny spoiled little girl. Too negative. Would hate to be you.