ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mock 1st Round

ravensfanatic77

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If WR isn't a need in your opinion than neither should safety since we have 4 on the roster!

You don't draft for 1 year...you draft for building your teams for the next 3-5 years. Like I said WR is a major need after this season and it would be ignorant to deny that. If we were to draft a position other than WR in the 1st it definitely shouldn't be safety...give me Jared Odrick or BPA at CB (Kyle Wilson, Devin McCourtey, or Kareem Jackson) or Jermaine Gresham if the Bengals are moronic and pass him up.

I would be absolutely fine with drafting Odrick or Wilson if they were there over Mays. Though I personally would take Mays in that situation, those players also intrigue me and I obviously would trust in Ozzie haha

Terrence Cody is starting to grow on me. I do want a corner or DE, but having a guy like Cody next to Ngata (and Redding/Pryce) would be pretty impressive. You can't double all of them, and Ray would be free to roam like he did 10 years ago. Yeah, we'd have to find a way to stop the pass, but the run would be a complete nonfactor.

Terrence Cody is starting to grow on me. I do want a corner or DE, but having a guy like Cody next to Ngata (and Redding/Pryce) would be pretty impressive. You can't double all of them, and Ray would be free to roam like he did 10 years ago. Yeah, we'd have to find a way to stop the pass, but the run would be a complete nonfactor.

I would be all for grabbing Cody but I still think Gregg and Pryce have a couple years left, so we don't need another massive body we just need some speed.

I would be all for grabbing Cody but I still think Gregg and Pryce have a couple years left, so we don't need another massive body we just need some speed.

That actually adds to Cody's value, because his biggest knock is his stamina. If not for the fact that he's only going to play 50-70% of your defensive plays, his value would probably be closer to the top of the round. We have the perfect system him, because we always rotate linemen anyway.

As a Gator, I can tell you how dominant Cody really was in the SEC trenches. The reason his production isn't higher is because he is always the focus of the opposing offensive strategy. And Rolando McClain owes Cody and the Alabama d-line several million dollars for eating up all of the blockers so McClain could run sideline to sideline. McClain has a very 'long' build, and would probably have been blocked out of a lot of plays otherwise.

That actually adds to Cody's value, because his biggest knock is his stamina. If not for the fact that he's only going to play 50-70% of your defensive plays, his value would probably be closer to the top of the round. We have the perfect system him, because we always rotate linemen anyway.

As a Gator, I can tell you how dominant Cody really was in the SEC trenches. The reason his production isn't higher is because he is always the focus of the opposing offensive strategy. And Rolando McClain owes Cody and the Alabama d-line several million dollars for eating up all of the blockers so McClain could run sideline to sideline. McClain has a very 'long' build, and would probably have been blocked out of a lot of plays otherwise.

I would agree with you if Gregg had proven he can rush the passer on 3rd downs and Pryce hadn't lost his ability to rush (he is still an ample run-stuffer in my opinion). However, those two are guys who should be in on 1st and 2nd and coming out of the game on 3rd so I'm not sure that solves the problem. Cody is certainly as dominant as they come, no question.

I would agree with you if Gregg had proven he can rush the passer on 3rd downs and Pryce hadn't lost his ability to rush (he is still an ample run-stuffer in my opinion). However, those two are guys who should be in on 1st and 2nd and coming out of the game on 3rd so I'm not sure that solves the problem. Cody is certainly as dominant as they come, no question.

Maybe Cody could rush the passer on third down, then? I know it's not what he's known for, but he did knife through the line on a couple of kicks... throw Ngata, Cody, and Redding on the line, and I bet you get pressure with a 3-man rush.

Maybe Cody could rush the passer on third down, then? I know it's not what he's known for, but he did knife through the line on a couple of kicks... throw Ngata, Cody, and Redding on the line, and I bet you get pressure with a 3-man rush.

You know, I was thinking about those blocked kicks and wondering about his athleticism. He sure looked athletic enough getting through the line and getting up to block the kick. Could he do that when pass rushing is the question?

Was he ever asked to do that at Bama? Perhaps his role was to just take up 2 blockers all the time and allow other pass rushers 1 on 1 matchups. If he is blocked 1 on 1 in the pros will he be able to defeat the block and collapse the pocket. If the answer is yes then he is worth the risk.

You know, I was thinking about those blocked kicks and wondering about his athleticism. He sure looked athletic enough getting through the line and getting up to block the kick. Could he do that when pass rushing is the question?

Was he ever asked to do that at Bama? Perhaps his role was to just take up 2 blockers all the time and allow other pass rushers 1 on 1 matchups. If he is blocked 1 on 1 in the pros will he be able to defeat the block and collapse the pocket. If the answer is yes then he is worth the risk.

As far as his athleticism, one scout allegedly said that Cody could dunk a basketball when he first came onto campus at 370 lbs. And Cody claims that he can do a backflip, though I haven't personally seen the video of that yet (I've seen the JPP one though).

Here's something to look at... Albert Haynesworth is 6'6, 350. At Tennessee, he had "66 tackles, five sacks, 31 quarterback pressures, 20 tackles for a loss and nine pass deflections during his career", before being drafted #15 overall by the Titans. As a Junior (his final year at UT) he had 36 tackles (15.5 TFL) and 1.5 sacks. And clearly Haynesworth is a great pass-rusher in the NFL.

The fact that Cody got through the line to block several field goals tells me that he's a tough guy to block in pressure situations, and we already have another one of those. If we can create a Goose/Adams situation again for the next few years, we'll have a good shot on defense.