ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Can I get some help on something

papasmurfbell

I like this site but unfortunately they only show his ranking post injury which they had him pegged as 5th -6th round. I had seem him pegged as a 2nd rounder before his injury based in large part from shutting down Clowney in a game.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=OT&draftyear=2014&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC&startspot=10

Papa, I know remeber Mel and a few others saying on tv, prior to his injury, that he was a first round talent. I watched a lot of his college games and I tend to agree there.... I will see if I can dig up their report.

An article from Buffalo- http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013/08/james-hurst-a-top-draft-prospect-faced-with-taking-on-jadeveon-clowney/

Going into his senior season, Hurst is a legitimate first-round candidate for the 2014 draft. He is a very well-rounded offensive tackle with the all-around game to start on either side of the line, but to be a top draft pick in a class full of offensive tackle talent, Hurst must continue to get even better in his senior season.............

The difference from 2010-12, however, was that the overshadowing was coming from his own teammate. Lining up directly next to Hurst each of the past three seasons, left guard Jonathan Cooper made a real name for himself as one of the nation’s best offensive linemen. With rare athleticism and foot skills for a guard, but also have terrific size and power, Cooper became an elite guard prospect and went No. 7 overall in the 2013 NFL draft.

Hurst could follow in Cooper’s footsteps in 2014 as a high first-round draft pick. While Cooper rightfully got the attention, Hurst quietly became one of college football’s best left tackles last season. Like Cooper, he has an outstanding combination of size, strength and athleticism, combined with a technical skill set to complete his game.

With long arms and a listed height of 6’7”, Hurst’s length stands out on the football field. His listed weight is 305 pounds is certainly adequate for an offensive tackle, and he consistently displays the physical strength to hold up against opponents in games.

Hurst’s footwork and quickness are special for an offensive tackle of his size. He may not necessarily be the most explosive player or stand out at the NFL Scouting Combine, but he moves fluidly and naturally and can cover ground well both along the line of scrimmage and upfield.