ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Anyone watch boxing?

thundercleetz

How was it? From the talk I heard it was pretty one sided.

Definitely a one-sided fight, but it was interesting to watch because it was one-sided in the different way than most critics thought it was going to be. It is really a joy to watch Pacquiao, he is a great fighter. I really want to see a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight!

Boxing is pretty dead. There are some fine fighters, but I feel like there have been no truly good fights in recent memory.

That said... I still try to pay attention and watch. Never pay for the fights, but always watch the recaps and what not.

I stopped watching when baby joe mesi retired. 36-0 in the heavyweight title, and had his number 1 spot to fight for the heavyweight title stripped because of a cheap shot left him with a small break in the back of his head that let blood in his brain.

Boxing is pretty dead. There are some fine fighters, but I feel like there have been no truly good fights in recent memory.

That said... I still try to pay attention and watch. Never pay for the fights, but always watch the recaps and what not.

Boxing is not dead. The Heavyweight division might be dead, but the Lightweight division is loaded, and the Middleweight division is shaping up very nicely!

No truly good fights in recent memory? Diego Corrales (RIP) vs. José Luis Castillo I was one of the most exciting fights of all-time! Both Jermaine Taylor vs. Bernard Hopkins fights were excellent, as were both Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Márquez fights as well. Heck, all of Pacquiao's fights against the Mexican legends were good. Joe Calzaghe vs. Bernard Hopkins was great. Or how about Arthur Abraham breaking his jaw in the fifth round against Edison Miranda only to fight another seven rounds spitting blood to win a decision?

Heck, even the Cruiserweight (which is usually a joke division) championship fight last night Steve Cunningham vs. Tomasz Adamek was a great fight. Adamek knocked Cunningham down three times, yet still only won by a close split decision.

Boxing is far from dead. There are some very good young boxers in the game, and some of the prospects for fights next year are very promising (Vic Darchinyan vs. Jorge Arce in February '09 is going to be exciting).